Main Menu

Is 2000AD about to be drowned?

Started by Natsan, 23 July, 2007, 07:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natsan

Admittedly I have no idea how close the Rebellion offices are to the River Thames in Oxford but it would be a huge disaster if all the old Tooth artwork in the 'Vaults' got flood damaged.

Not to mention whether it'd disrupt production of the prog.

Or am I worrying for nothing?

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/6911321.stm" target="_blank">"People have also been advised to avoid travelling

+rufus+

Nat...There's no art in the vaults..only film...

:-)

Art

Max Kon

So they tell us to flee but avoid traveling?

Natsan

Where is all the original art nowadays then?

+rufus+

Natsan

Lol! You know, I wouldn't be surprised ;p

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

satchmo

Well going by Disaster 1990, within an hour of the floods people will start dressing like Nazis and starting their own flooded kingdom of hatred. Lets hope Bill Savage can help!
Seriously though hope everyone at Rebellion are safe and well.

Peter Wolf

Apologies for that flippant remark.I forgot they are based in Oxford.

paulvonscott

Yeah I saw Oxford on the news and worried about Tharg and his droids.  

Considering peoples lives have been ruined, it may seem a bit frivolous to worry about the prog, but it's obviously catastophic for businesses as well as people.

I'll be projecting positive thoughts.

Natsan

Believe me, I phoned my family in Gloucestershire to check they were ok before I posted this.
It's been kind of wierd seeing Gloucester under as much water as it is - I used to live there many years ago and I recognised many of the places they were showing on the news. That place hasn't had this much news coverage since Fred West was caught, though I'm not surprised it's ended up like this, the area just outside of the city floods every Spring.

Peter Wolf

I heard a ruimour that a lot of the very early artwork was lost when the basement flooded when 2000ad was based in central London . It may be untrue but fancy storing paperwork in a basement.  I hope i am wrong about this.

Richard

I don't think it's all that frivolous really. Sure, I wouldn't like to lose my home and all my possessions in a flood, but I don't have anything that insurance money couldn't replace either (although it would be massively inconvenient etc.). But a unique archive of art would presumably be imposssible or next to impossible to replace. I don't think it makes us all heartless bastards to be concerned. And "it's just a comic" doesn't cut any ice with me: the principle is no different from Paris flooding and somebody asking if the Mona Lisa is safe (and I've had considerably more pleasure from looking at 2000AD than I've had from that).

Sincerely,
Heartless Bastard #8.

paulvonscott

Well I'd hate to have said that, and some boarder returns to the board weeks after having lost their home and all their possessions.

I was going to put a post up asking if anyone was affected, but then relaised if they were, they'd have more pressing concerns than message boards.

This is all due to shifting weather patterns and a drainage system that can't cope.  If we have permanent weather change, I can see a pretty warped future.  I'm sue Godon ennie is mumbling 'I told you so' as he sits on his throne made of Rain Dog Gaphic Novels.