Main Menu

January Art Comp: BIG ROBOTS!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 17 January, 2008, 07:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Wait, remind me:  Apart from mini-Bolt, who unbelievably  is still in school the lazy git, but what the feck are (most of) the rest of you doing reading this forum when you could be churning out comics classics with your grud-given genius?   What's the problem, afraid of ending up blaming women for all your problems, or ranting at your fans through your few remaining teeth?  

Everytime one of these comps rolls around I feel almost sick with jealousy.  You bastards kick bottom.

Natsan

TordelBack

And good they look too, Nat.  Ach, I know lots of you walk the walk, I'm just amazed each time by the talent on display.

Jim_Campbell

Fuckitty bollocks.

What a talented bunch of mofos you all are.

Back to the drawing board for me, I think ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James

I got my first rejection letter from Tharg a while ago. Does that count?

Hoagy

I guess I am one of the ones who needn't of bothered. I do believe in parallellism so maybe, those who can't, can teach, or inspire, but maybe I'm never gonna be an avid inspiration to any who post here, so, maybe I should quit bovvering you.

Cheers

makinhisownway,

Krom

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

Stop being so defeatist .You actually have an interesting style that you could do something with IMHO.

Nice palette of colours used as well.

I dont expect to win competitions with mine as its a piece of crap i made up as i went along .

Its the taking part that counts.Not winning.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Matt Timson

I get a preview- but it comes up in that tiny little box usually reserved for the thumbs up/down thingy.  Which is about as much use as a chocolate hat.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/johnnyeyebrows/SafariScreenSnapz183.jpg">
Pffft...

TordelBack

Same thing happens to me, JEB.  You can highlight the text and scroll through the postage-stamp by dragging with your mouse, but it's a bit frustrating (Mac Safari).

Matt Timson

Ugh!  More trouble than it's worth, I think!
Pffft...

Funt Solo

If Wake sends me the code used to create the preview window, it'd be good experience for me to investigate a solution.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

The script that opens the new window needs to explicitly set resizeable to "yes" or 1.  At the moment, it's either explicitly or implicitly set to "no", or 0, which Firefox and IE are sensibly ignoring, but safari is adhering to.  That would solve it, in the short term.

The actual problem is that the resize script built into the window that opens: safari has some problem with this: top.window.outerHeight. Whether it's the top, or the outerHeight part that's at issue, I haven't checked.  Anyway, it ignores the code it doesn't understand and instead falls back on the size of the last window that was opened - which is usually the same size as the smiley, as JEB said.

It's a silly script, anyway, as why bother maximising the height?  It looks a bit daft at 1280*1024.  You could just as easily do resizeTo(800,600);, plus make sure the resizing is kept on for poor, undefended Safari.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

James

bjvkf b  few nkfew  fd ejkfnef c nejl'c lj'ws csd    e  lk  ce cenflcjehfoiewnef fen jfkewnlfjewfenf fnefnwen'ewf.

Makes the same amount of senseto me

;)

Buttonman

Strange, I have a preview button as shown below...

prev

Must be the benefits of my 'Gold Member' status i suppose!