Main Menu

Meeting

Started by modde, 22 February, 2008, 06:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Aargh.. that's me not being able to spell! ... I meant "your stuff". It's very good!

I draw for 2000ad and IDW Comics.

:-) Ruf

modde

Hey Rufus, we should meet, I sent a mail to Nastan as well, she draws too, do you know her?
We should set a meeting all togehter, that will be cool, don't you think so? Reach me on my mail, you seem to not be registered otherwise I would have already disturb you n just like I did with our poor PJ infested by my requests^__^

+rufus+

I'm 'registered'... Just click on my name, and you should be able to send a message. Yes, I know Nat!

;-) ruf

modde

Rufus, still impossible to reach thru the board, I got a message who says that you are not registered.
Would you like to set a meeting or is this the kind of thing that you prefer to avoid? Let me know and feel free to reach whenever you want!

modde

Rufus, still impossible to reach thru the board, I got a message who says that you are not registered.
Would you like to set a meeting or is this the kind of thing that you prefer to avoid? Let me know and feel free to reach whenever you want!

House of Usher

I'm very impressed by your work, modde.

I think you should be drawing for a living, and drawing comics at that! Drawing comics (knowing how to tell a story through pictures) is a difficult skill, but I have no doubt it is something you can develop.

The guys at FutureQuake are a lovely bunch of people to collaborate with. Most of them are members of this forum. The reason why FutureQuake doesn't pay is because they don't make any money. They are self-publishing, and selling their comics only covers their costs. They aren't a profit-making concern. The main benefit of contributing writing or comic strip drawing to FutureQuake is getting exposure.

I agree with Rufus: you should read 2000ad's submission guidelines and draw some sample pages and send copies to Matt Smith, the editor.

I'm not an artist myself, but I believe it's useful to know other artists in the field. I think they can make valuable contacts.

And I think you should definitely go to the May convention in Bristol with as many samples of your artwork as you can carry in a portfolio. There will be a lot of people there who would love to see what you do.
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

I think a question anybody would really want to ask of an artist of your caliber is;

Do you want to work for a signature leaf like 2000ad or are you passing through?

Can you make the stories given you the highest priority? You are after all, asking a fan site.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

modde

I'm not so sure to get the meaning of your question Krombasher. Do you think that I won't fullfill with the style of 2000ad?
I do want to work for them of course, that's the only way for me to see my value. Well, you know, drawing pages is such an effort, you just can't fake and trick. And getting a good storytelling is something I miss, finding the good angle of view is quiet difficult for me. :/

"Artist of my caliber", héhé, beware of you I'm vain, arrogant and egocentric enough to trust you ;-)

TordelBack

Hi Modde,

The link below will bring you to the current competition thread.  I'm only suggesting you produce an entry out of pure selfishness - despite having zero artistic ability myself, I love seeing what the talented members of this forum can produce.

And I don't think Krombasher is questionning your ability to work in the "2000AD style", more whether you would be fully committed to working with a strip, rather than prioritising other projects or rapidly moving on somewhere else for the Big Money.  I think that might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves for the moment,  But do what the real artists (PJ and Rufus) have suggested - get a sample Dredd script and knock Tharg's socks off.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&page=messagethread&choice=21904&skipto=-1&Replies=34" target="_blank">Competition Thread

Devons Daddy

hello modde
welcome to the finest place on the WWW.
you i feel maybe female? you seem to speak half the conversation. expect the males gathered to understand and get the parts you said in your head.

but anyway.
welcome. everything you need to know is on this site.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

modde

Tordelback, you are right, I should at first focus my work on this test and achieve it as well as I can.

Devons eddy, your post sounds a bit agressive, isn't? Well, I should better insist on the fact that my understanding of english is for from fluent. If I miss half part of the conversation, my apologizes. :-/

House of Usher

"you i feel maybe female? you seem to speak half the conversation. expect the males gathered to understand and get the parts you said in your head." Unfair, I think. And sexist, too...

As to modde's commitment to 2000ad, who cares? I, for one would be glad to see him/her working on a 2000ad strip if he/she is up to the job, for as long as it lasts! As the editor of an anthology you'd have to accept that as time passes you get a turnover of talent. It can be a pain replacing the good ones, but on the plus side the readers are always keen to see new talent appearing.

I honestly don't care if 2000ad artists desert us to work in America or design computer games for a living instead. Ultimately, it's their living, and they'd be foolish not to make the best of the opportunities they get.

Who begrudges Jason Brashill for going off to work in another field where there was gainful employment? Not me!
STRIKE !!!

Natsan

That was a bit out of order, Devons Daddy, and not your usual self. Modde said he was Slovakian at the beginnings of this thread, and apologised for his english.

Seems that earthquake has dislodged a few comprehension circuits in peoples heads today. Don't make me make the grumpy face at you,DD.....

Bolt-01

Hi Modde, sorry for not seeing this thread sooner.

Your artwork is excellent and different enough to attract attention to itself.

I'm one of the team responsible for FutureQuake, so if you would like to have a try at a script for us (up to you entirely), please contact me on

futurequake.comic@gmail.com

All the best, and get a sample script from Tharg- you really should.

Bolt-01

modde

-Since I miss the meaning of the post of Devons, no offenses on my side ;-) I'm a maaale, what a strange question ?! I should improve as soon as possible my English anyway and I wasn't so sure if posting my work wouldn't be offensive for someone somehow, but if I haven't I wouldn't had the opportunitie to meet Rufus, Natsan or Bolt as well and it was my first intention.

-Hey, Natsan, did you get my PN?

-Bolt 01, mail sent! :)

Regading this conversation about games, illustration and comics field, I would like to say that, regarding my own poor experience, all you learn in illustration and games industry is to be tricky, it's just like if you were turning again and again with the same tools, drawing the same subject under few differents angles.
To me, at this moment of my life, the only way to be "complete" is to draw pages, it's the hardest job ( and unfortunately the less paid one :-/) and I'm sooo fed up to have spent most of my time to have done red dragons, stupid elfes wargames simulations with grey snipers and all that shit :-/ That piss me off royal. The worst is to loose your sool, personnality and motivation by gaining money and experience. My mistakes, the way I struggle against them, that's what define us as an "artists" isn't? This personnal confrontation with pages seems to be the best way to unlmeash this energy I feel in me without ever having be able to devellopp it. To be completely honest, I'm quiet afraid by the result I will get... :-/