Main Menu

Bristol '08 - the Friday night...

Started by Buddy, 06 March, 2008, 11:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Where is the place to be?

Thinkin of coming over early for the friday evening stuff, what is happening, where and who is going?

Bart Oliver

I should be arriving Friday afternoon, round 2.30-3pm.

As for what happens in the evening- it usually involves catching up with folk you haven't seen in twelve months and sinking alot of drink in the Ramada bar or somewhere close to.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

paulvonscott

The Ramada for me, if it's like usual, I'll probably get there in the afternoon, set up the stall, then hang around in the bar, go for a meal, more bar, sleep, back down to the bar again, sleep.

I'm usually physically and mentally knackered(bewteen work, getting the comics ready and the long drive) by the time I get to Bristol, so being about 2 minutes away from my room so I can crash out for a while is always comforting, hence my love of the Ramada bar.  Bit pricey for a poor northern lad, but it's open to ungodly hours.

Be good to see you Ump, like an elderly relative, I have to be reminded who everyone is every time I go, so make sure you say hello.

W. R. Logan

Going to miss it this year, i'll be packing my bergen for a course ive got to do.

Buddy

Paul, who is it I should contact about getting a table?

Might need on this year if things work out.

J.

LARF

I'll be down on Friday, see y'all in the bar :-)

paulvonscott

Mike Allwood is the man to see about a table just be aware that they may have already gone.  Sometimes you need to have booke dby the end of the previous year.  He's a very helpful guy though.

Link: http://www.comicexpo.net/08contact.html" target="_blank">Comic Expo

Buddy

Not looking good for friday night at Bristol... rooms are costing about £130 per night so looks like I'll just have to join the party on Saturday morning.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?? B&B or whatever... probably a bit late in the day to look for a room, must book earlier next year.

Wils

Not looking good for friday night at Bristol... rooms are costing about £130 per night so looks like I'll just have to join the party on Saturday morning.

Have you tried ringing the Ramada, Ump? Quoting the Comic Expo will get you a single for about £60 per night.

Their number's +44 (0)844 8159100. Hope you manage to get a room ok.

Rob Spalding

I'm in the Mercure - the Expo site said Ramada was sold out, I didn't try but the Mercure has Con rates too of £75 a night for a single, £85 for a double.

Natsan

The Ramada sold out of Expo rooms by about the beginning of Feb this year, though fortunately I booked mine before then. Novotel is still good for rooms last I heard.

Dan Kelly

Woo hoo!  Actually going to make it this year :)

Novotel booked at 59/69 for sat/sun, which seems reasonable.

See y'all in the Ramada bar once we get there...

LARF

Any idea how we are going to recognise each other - secret handshake?

Wils

If you already know some boarders, they'll probably be able to introduce you to others, who'll be able to introduce you to more and so on...

Failing that (and if you're *really* desperate for company), keep an eye out for a gorgeous woman with bright red hair in pigtails. The ugly bloke with the goatee and Harry Palmer glasses she has in tow will be me. ;)

Malchidiel

"Failing that (and if you're *really* desperate for company), keep an eye out for a gorgeous woman with bright red hair in pigtails. The ugly bloke with the goatee and Harry Palmer glasses she has in tow will be me. ;)"

Heyyy! I thought you were taking me?!...

Anyhoo, stop posting and do some work. :)