Main Menu

The Official 2000AD Art Programme

Started by 2000AD Online, 14 March, 2008, 11:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

::"Each spectacular piece of artwork is printed on archival quality papers using the latest printing technology for outstanding and retro vibrant colour reproduction."

That reminds me of another quote from a Mr Hicks:

"If anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JOE SOAP

Well there's around 14 suits in that shop. There's a good chance he slipped into that little space number in one of them.

Matt Timson

He did.  I just never got to see it.
Pffft...

Peter Wolf

I was reading about what "Giclee" prints are regarding the 164 prog cover print.

You need the original art to scan from [or perhaps microfilm - arent 2000ad archives scanned and stored on microfilm ?] i think but i would love to have whatever pages i like scanned and printed "Giclee" style onto paper or white canvases.

But i dont see why paper and ink should cost 125 quid.

I dont know why Rebellion dont do this and cut out the middle man.

Any page you like scanned from the prog and printed in a range of sizes at say 50 quid each ?

I wish.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Leigh S

Looking in the top left ogf the Mr Benn pic, I want to see the episode where he dresses up as Death!

Matt Timson

"Any page you like scanned from the prog and printed in a range of sizes at say 50 quid each ?"

To be fair, it's not quite as simple as that.  If that was the service on offer, I'd actually expect it to cost more, not less.
Pffft...

DanGeorge

If you look up Pictures on Walls or Art Republic you will see that these prices are not that insane for art prints- maybe for B/W prints, but there you go.
As for framing, again its a commercial price , but I get my frames from Habitat ( aluminium or black, Glass,£39 for a 3ftx2ft) and the local framing shop cuts me a card mount to spec for a tenner. I have a very cool Jamie Hewlett print (the Character 2d) that I got framed for three figures less that quoted through the shop that supplied the print on its own!
Id have liked to have seen them signed, myself though.

Banners

:: "If anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself."

But, Mr Hicks, I came to your show because I saw it advertised.

M@

Buddy

Is it April 1st already!

You can buy an original page of art and frame it for less than the asking price here.

Also, for anyone who does buy any of these I have some old rope for sale which can be used to hang your wonderfully overpriced photocopies.

TordelBack

But the Caveman episode is the best one!  Brilliant analogy of stampeding (and frankly pretty scary) dinosaurs with heavy traffic down Festival Road.  I love the terraced caves overlooking the valley, just like Laugerie Haut and Basse near Les Eyzies in the Perigord.  Replace the dinosaurs with more conventional upper palaeolithic megafauna and you have a pretty accurate picture there.  Kids TV influences your future career path?  Never!

Oh yeah, nice posters, pass me the scanner.

W. R. Logan

>The Art of DAVID BIRCHAM  
Based in Camden London, David Bircham has become one of the most exciting talents in British Comics today.

when?

Funt Solo

::"But, Mr Hicks, I came to your show because I saw it advertised."

Too late for the comeback - he's dead.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richmond Clements

The MacMahon prints are gorgeous. But as has been said before, you can get an original page for a lot cheaper.
But not a MacMahon- and this is the nearest any of us (with the exception of Rufus!) is going to get to owning one!

COMMANDO FORCES

FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE PRICES.

What is wrong with Rebellion, they produce models that are out of the price range of most fans and now these. I can say with my hand on my heart, that I won't buy any of these at those prices.
I nearly had a prolapse when I saw the poundage.

It's not hard is it to produce 2000ad stuff at a reasonable price, is it?

Peter Wolf

"To be fair, it's not quite as simple as that. If that was the service on offer, I'd actually expect it to cost more, not less."

50 quid was just a figure off the top of my head.

If that was the service on offer i would happily pay more and since my name isnt Robert Cox its as close as i expect to get to owning the original.

I cant find the original art i want for love nor money as i believe it was skipped [what a truly sickening thought]

Reading about that method of printing the print quality sounds [almost] as good as having the original.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death