Main Menu

Pat Mills interview

Started by Bad Andy, 29 May, 2009, 03:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Shakara"He's like the Dave Mustaine of 2000ad.

ah now he's not that bad.

arnoldnathan

Wow interesting interview....
I agree with Pat Mills.
great interview ! thanks for share this interview here...

daryy

I didn't think he hated Tharg and perhaps 2000AD so much.
Buy Eagle OEM Parts and ford parts online with cheap price and good service

starscape

I'm just glad someone else likes the Visible Man.  Loved it myself but no-one else seems to.

Dandontdare

Quote from: superherostore.co.uk on 20 August, 2009, 05:54:12 PM
I'm just glad someone else likes the Visible Man.  Loved it myself but no-one else seems to.

I LOVED it! As a young lad, this was one of my favourite early strips - I never kept my comics back in those days, but the image of the Visible Man was seared on my memory. Pick up a copy of the latest (Pat Mills inspired) copy of Zarjaz if you haven't already, to find a brief but hilarious sequel

Roger Godpleton

"So Pat, what do you think of Andy Diggle comics being adapted into movies?"
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 August, 2009, 07:02:14 PM
Quote from: superherostore.co.uk on 20 August, 2009, 05:54:12 PM

I LOVED it! As a young lad, this was one of my favourite early strips - I never kept my comics back in those days, but the image of the Visible Man was seared on my memory. Pick up a copy of the latest (Pat Mills inspired) copy of Zarjaz if you haven't already, to find a brief but hilarious sequel

Likewise fun little strip the Visible Man

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Shakara on 02 June, 2009, 10:50:59 AM
I prefer him that way. He's like the Dave Mustaine of 2000ad.
Ha ha ha!

Presumably at some point he's kicked Alan Grant's dog then?  Now Alan and John Wagner won't even talk to him.

So who's the Jason Newstead of 2000ad?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Bad Andy

SmallBlueThing

I keep trying to listen to that, everytime it's on BBC7- and every single time I fall asleep. I should point out that I do this with all Big Finish audios and is not in any way a comment on their quality. There's something about listening to the radio late at night, while on my lovely sofa, that sends me off.

There are several really good ones that have kept my interest- notably the 'Companion Chronicles' (and especially the Hartnell ones)- and these tend to be the ones I have bought. Maybe I should buy the Mills ones too, you say? Yes, but I can't get over the fact Paul McGann is in it!

SBT

tingramretro

Quote from: daryy on 13 August, 2009, 01:23:54 PM
I didn't think he hated Tharg and perhaps 2000AD so much.

Pat doesn't hate 2000AD, he's quite passionate about it. He just dislikes the Tharg character, I think. And given that he created Tharg in the first place, and that Kevin O'Neill, who created the look of the character, can't stand ol' green bonce either, it's a valid point of view I think.