Main Menu

forum people

Started by zombemybabynow, 18 June, 2009, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

I always hoped that Buttonman would look like his avatar and I wasn't disappointed!

I also have the impression that everyone on the board is pretty much themselves without any affectations.I do feel as if I know a lot of you quite well and think after a few gargles we'd all be having a good laugh/argument/falling out/splinter grouping just like online.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TheEdge

"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "House of Usher"and I suspect nor even as goth as Steev, though he doesn't seem very goth to look at him.

I've just read over this thread, and found this. Tch! I am mortally wounded sir! In fact, I'd say that was not only baldist, but gothist as well, and we won't have any of that kind of talk in this classroom. So baldist and gothist it was, in fact, that I am now undisposed to voting in any parliamentary elections. Or something like that.

I'll have you know that I categorically deny being goth in any way, shape or form. Which of course, automatically makes me the gothest person here, bar none. In fact, the opposite is true, and I celebrate it! I even colour my beard black and white so as to look like an upside-down Dave Vanian, circa the only decent song The Damned ever did.

So much gother than thou, I am, that both my children are named, multiple-times, after either actors or characters to do with the Dracula mythos. Their full names are composed of the following parts, but not in this order:

Vincent, Helsing, Bela, Bram, Price, Cushing.

And, as gothness goes, you cannot beat that, so don't even try!

Mwahahahaha! I go now to my underground cave, with my rat. castles and ravens are so emo.

Steev

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"And, as gothness goes, you cannot beat that, so don't even try!

I have yet to be convinced that you weren't in The (Screaming) Marionettes.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

LARF

Spooky that's not really you is it, it's your owner?

TordelBack

They goes LARF, pushing the old fallacy that Goth = Sub/Dom (it's the fishnets).  And anyway, any phulknos that cats don't have owners, they have staff.

mogzilla

i too, shave my horns to fit in....

give buttonman a tache and i reckon he'll look like his avatar.

Natsan

HoU- hadn't you cut your hair and gone all respectable looking last time I saw you? Shocking...

locustsofdeath!

I imagine House of Usher has two expressions: a near-constant "Well-I-Never" look of disdain for anyone he comes into contact with, followed shortly thereafter by his smug "I'm more intelligent than you are, and I know it" smirk.

Thryllseeker, judging by his second life thread, is a creepy-looking drunk guy with a really small head and big hands.

House of Usher

Quote from: Natsan on 19 August, 2009, 11:50:10 PM
HoU- hadn't you cut your hair and gone all respectable looking last time I saw you? Shocking...

Respectable? Never! But yes, it's a more manageable length now. It's much more comfortable and much lower maintenance. I love it! It looks even less respectable after dolloping a lot of bleach on it yesterday. It's now about 6 different shades from straw through to brownish purple. It needs bleaching again in a month or so to make it blonder and more even. I'm dragging out the process so as not to introduce too much damage all at once.

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 19 August, 2009, 11:58:47 PM
I imagine House of Usher has two expressions: a near-constant "Well-I-Never" look of disdain for anyone he comes into contact with, followed shortly thereafter by his smug "I'm more intelligent than you are, and I know it" smirk.

Not really. More likely a very broad grin, unless I'm dealing with civil servants or local government officers, in which case an indignant frown is my default expression. When I meet thickheads who are passionately convinced of things that really aren't true (especially if it's to do with the theory and practice of psychiatry or alternative medicine), then it's an agonized look of persecution. If I think they are receptive to new intelligence then the look is more conciliatory, condescending and flirtatious all at the same time. 'Smirk' is a good description.

My other look I call 'Blue Steel.'
STRIKE !!!

LARF

I thought you looked very Dantesque last time I saw you Ush, I was expecting a 'Bojemoi' at Bristol.

House of Usher

The older and greyer Dante gets, the more I resemble him.  :-X

We have the same beard and parting.
STRIKE !!!

Natsan

Blonde? Please tell me it's because you're going to be dyeing it purple or something! At this rate I won't recognise you at all at the next con.

LARF

QuoteBlonde? Please tell me it's because you're going to be dyeing it purple or something! At this rate I won't recognise you at all at the next con.

Ah, but remember the carpets will never match the curtains in the downstairs room.

House of Usher

Quote from: Natsan on 20 August, 2009, 07:46:22 PM
Blonde? Please tell me it's because you're going to be dyeing it purple or something! At this rate I won't recognise you at all at the next con.

I will almost certainly be dyeing it some daft colour on the way back to normal once I've got tired of it being blond. How soon I tire of it being blond depends on how good a bleach job I can pull off! I've got some purple and some blue-black waiting in the bathroom cabinet for when the novelty wears off.

Quote from: LARF on 20 August, 2009, 08:20:55 PM
Ah, but remember the carpets will never match the curtains in the downstairs room.

Goes without saying. I'm going for contrast between the barnet and the beard and eyebrows!  :)
STRIKE !!!