Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

This reminds me of a very old and completely non-pc joke from back in the day, which I will spoiler to protect the delicate sensibilities of right-minded people everywhere...

[spoiler]"What would you do if a bird shat on your head?"

"I'd finish with her."[/spoiler]

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

In honour of olden days, my delicate sensibilities had a non-pc chuckle at that.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

paddykafka

Quote from: JWare on 18 December, 2022, 09:32:09 PM
Not a mugging but certainly a menacing: I was ganged up on by an ever-increasing number of crows in a public park in Brussels a few weeks back. Belgian crows have nothing on Irish seagulls, but there were a lot of the bastards and they were on their own turf. Shameful to admit, but I took myself and my sandwich elsewhere at speed.

Sounds like you had a narrow escape there, JWare, when one considers that the collective noun for those feathered beasties is A Murder of Crows.

JohnW

Better a murder of crows than a Skanger of Seagulls.
(And if that's not the word, then it is now.)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

'Flock' certainly won't do it (unless you can get away with hairstyles like that).
ASBO it is, unless you're in Dublin. Then it's definitely a skanger of seagulls.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

JohnW

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 December, 2022, 09:27:05 PM
Angus Deaton looks a bit awkward in that photo

He's got Paddykafka's falafel on his conscience.

lincnash

I saw the way this thread is heading and didn't walk away, I ran.

lincnash

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

lincnash

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 December, 2022, 10:09:52 PM

What are those two in the middle doing?

The blokes from GBH seem to be grabbing at each others Sex Pistols!