Main Menu

Farscape fans

Started by zombemybabynow, 15 September, 2009, 02:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

Until recently, I have never been able to buy all of Farscape, my favorite sci-fi programme, due to the ridiculous price for a 4 episode box, let alone a complete box set.

Just to let anyone know who's interested - i just got all 4 series box sets from asda for 111.00 - slightly better than the £264 wanted by hmv
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 15 September, 2009, 02:13:46 PM
Until recently, I have never been able to buy all of Farscape, my favorite sci-fi programme, due to the ridiculous price for a 4 episode box, let alone a complete box set.

Just to let anyone know who's interested - i just got all 4 series box sets from asda for 111.00 - slightly better than the £264 wanted by hmv

Don't tempt me, you swine! I've always wanted to pick up the Farscape DVDs, but even £110 isn't easy pickings. I've already paid for a new sub and Guitar Hero/Rock Band combo this month.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Tweak72

I recently added the series box sets to my collection. I did almost get the Complete box set but due to some thieving gits at the post office it never arrived. I am about half way through season 3. next up will be completing Battlestar and the Treks
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Zarjazzer

I once won a Farscape competition and th e prize was the Farscape magazine that basically folded immediately. Bah! How could th e public ignore such a fine series? But they did. :'(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

vzzbux

Does this include the peacekeeper wars?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

uncle fester

This was a great series. Alas the asking price is beyond me at the mo, but will add it to the list, (along with the box set of Star Fleet...:))

Tweak72

uncle fester

Excellent work! Is it as good as I remember it being??

vzzbux

I have a ripped copy of Star Fleet taken from VHS but I think I will have to purchase this.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Radbacker

oooh, i liked this show.  Good sense of humour and some cracking sci-fi idea's, shame it ended.
Another interesting show I've recently re-discovered  thanks to the joys of the interweb, Space : Above and Beyond.  Shaky effects (certainly no worse than older Bab5) but quite a gritty feel to it, bit US centric and the space combat physics seem all wrong but definatly has a proto New Galactica feel to it.  Pitty it only lasted a season.  I feel a thread coming on.

CU Radbacker

zombemybabynow

Does this include the peacekeeper wars?

It doesn't.  Just single series box sets but, as a purist, I like the idea that it ended with the [spoiler]two main heroes being killed at the end[/spoiler]

plus, i'd probably have to then read the current comic etc...
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Tweak72

Quote from: uncle fester on 15 September, 2009, 11:49:02 PM
Excellent work! Is it as good as I remember it being??

Yes. As long as you remember you are not 11 this time round. It does surprise me how comparatively more violent it is to say Captain Scarlet. but well worth the money

SamuelAWilkinson

Well, you've gone and done it now. That's season 1 ordered off Amazon, adding Farscape to The X-Files, Rome, Scrubs, Frasier and How I Met Your Mother to the list of things which will bankrupt me.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.