Main Menu

Scarlet Traces

Started by dodsworthboy, 24 October, 2002, 01:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodsworthboy

What a brilliant new series this is. Anybody agree?.

Art

Slippery PD

DavidXBrunt

The only disappointment is for me is that this episode was only half as long as the last one. Though as the 'Cinnebar' reprints will have to be 10 pages shorter next month I'm hopefull that'll mean more 'Traces'.

Oh, and if you like D'Israeli he's drawing another story for the MEG in the new year.

Trout

"Oh, and if you like D'Israeli he's drawing another story for the MEG in the new year."

That's great news. I'm really enjoying Scarlet Traces.

Maybe we can add D'Israeli's previous work for Deadline - what was it called? the daft thing with Molly Eyre - to our debate on reprints in the Meg?

- Trout

malkymac

I am really enjoying it but it finishes next month - what a shame. Any chance of a follow up?

BTW this months megazine has two stories set in Glasgow, is this a record?

Loved the reference to Shytehill in Middenface.

Natsan

karne

I remember that one Trouty, It featured fish paste jars a lot. A secret warning to all water dwelling despot's I should imagine.

Wood

The thing D'Israeli did in Deadline?

Do you mean Fatal Charm?

Trout

I meant Timulo, but now I remember Fatal Charm too. It was better.

His name was Jacolb because his father was a plumber and it's "blockage" backwards. Utter madness.

Anyway, thanks for the memory-jogging.

- Trout

Art

I'm hoping it gets a cover next month, though I have a nagging suspiscion what we'll have is an excrutiatingly embarassing photo of a model dressed up as S&M leatherbitch.

judge dreddd

yea, to embarass you and be asked 'do you want a paper bag' when you buy it

middenface, wasta space.. scarlet stuff totally ace, what detail in those drawings !

Quirkafleeg

I'm just so ridiculously excited about the chance of a photo-story...

Re-print Doomlord now!

Tiplodocus

"Middenface, wastaspace" - I have to disagree with this one - I'm loving it. It has great art, great dialogue, good comedy, pathos, subtext and, above all, a guy with a knob for a nose. That's not to be sniffed at.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mudcrab

Yep, me too, thought it was excellent. Probably the first time in a while I've read the Meg ALL the way through (would have done up till now, but read Bad Company loads of times before.).

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!