Main Menu

need to get this said

Started by Irishpainter, 30 November, 2002, 05:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishpainter

i picked up a copy of this weeks issue and read it in 15 minutes i dont want to slag this prolific mag but i need to say that i started reading in the early 700 issues and they were classic with revere and the glenn fabry slaine love the plush artwork thats wot attracts me to an issue, even now if i see some1 like staples drawing for an issue i`ll buy it. But how can u top the classics the comic is slipping in2 the 10 second attension span cliche, and storytelling in alot of the newstrips is very quick and falls on mood and conjuring descriptions, now dont get me wrong i only get the magazine only occasionally but would love to have something draw me back in when its on form its fan-tastic but these r only my humble opinions
cheers 4 lettin me ramblin

Queen Firey-Bou

Pah humbug. disagree but the boys'll articulate why for me.

2000AD Online

o.k.
I  just spent the evening with parents, and for about the first time in half a decade  they did not mention the amount of comics in their attic.  I figure most of you are still  probably in this situation - david dickinson prob'ly comes round raiding yer loft every sunday , or maybe thats just me - i am the hunterrrrrrrrrrrr! what you have to remember is that for many people working for 2000ad is a dream, and when the likes of you post messages such as ' blah ' it denegrates the fans and yourself - at least give a reason why you don't like things in the worlds greatest s.f. comic.

luv  2 tharg xxx

Link:  

Slippery PD

I think amongst us older readers somwhere around 700 is where it all started going wrong.

Im sure some of the others will give you specific examples but I personally feel that we are having a good run at the moment.  We have wagner back on form, the rennie droid producing some sterling work (both on dredd and on things like Necronaughts), Spurrier is proving himself to be a rather solid and innovative creator.  In the artist front we have a number of very good newer droids out there step forward D'isreali, Jock, Simon Davis, Boo Cook, et al.  

I think that although the run of the last dozen progs or so has been a little staid (more like treading water will prog2002) But Im sure it will pick up after that....

Yer "hopeful" slippo

Queen Firey-Bou

Up until the change of editors stuff, i was on a pure roll, had never been so exited about the weekly fix in years, the juves got right sucked in too. but then 13 ended & i got rather depressed, but its picking up again. I can't stand backward looking.

Trout

Sorry, IP, but you killed your credibility when you mentioned Revere, IMO.

:-)

- Trout

Adrian Bamforth

Irishpainter, you can always try the Megazine, many think it's better than the prog.

ADE

kilrip

true I got the megazine today lots better

judge dreddd

You gotta read the comic and the megazine to get the full thrillpower.

A weekly product is gonna have less time and money to spend than the megazine.

Ya pays yer money, ye gets yer choice.

Try some titan books - well wicked or big finish productions and say 'er, this costs more than the comic and its more thrill powered'

IndigoPrime

I thought Revere was great; John Smith's stuff was probably the only reason I kept reading 2000 AD during its shite patch.

Natsan

Just being pedantic but D'Israeli's been around since the eighties.He ain't a newbie:)

Natalie

Wood

Revere is somewhere in my top 3. I love John Smith's earlier stuff.

2000AD Online

killing time flashbacks oh god why did i have to read that when i was 8

Trout

"Revere is somewhere in my top 3"

Fair enough. I wasn't a particular fan but it's far from the worst.
I was just being the way I tend to be.
:-)

- Trout

Wood

Killing Time was amazing.

The scariest thing 2000AD's ever published.

Possibly too scary for an eight-year old...