Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dash Decent

Yep, and don't forget that Wulf's a Great Dane.

And we woulda got away with it, if it wasn't for you pesky mutie bounty hunters!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

I'm watching a YT review of "The Best of 2000AD volume 1".  Discussing Halo Jones, the reviewer comments that he likes the zenade - but he pronounces it "zen-a-day" (here), missing the fact that it's a zen-grenade and therefore pronounced "zen-aid".

That said, he's got a free book and a cool set of stickers and I'm sat here carping on the forum, so I guess we know who came out best in this round!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

...and I just noticed there's a jump at about 13 minutes which loses whatever he says about Strontium Dog.  Now that I wanted to hear.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 September, 2022, 02:05:21 PM
Yep, and don't forget that Wulf's a Great Dane.

(Applause)

With a German accent, but we won't worry about that.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 29 September, 2022, 03:04:04 PMDiscussing Halo Jones, the reviewer comments that he likes the zenade - but he pronounces it "zen-a-day" (here), missing the fact that it's a zen-grenade and therefore pronounced "zen-aid".
I like Omar, though. He's positive about comics, and keen to cover more than the usual Marvel/DC bubble. 2000 AD is very new to him (he's done a couple of Dredd Case Files videos), but it's good that with the Best Of, he actually read it. That might seem like a low bar, but it's pretty damn obvious most others doing videos haven't (and that's the case for a lot of other stuff they 'review'). It's also notable that one of the most prominent UK-based comics YouTubers never mentions UK comics (bar the odd mention that he "used to" read Judge Dredd).

Anyway, if anyone here watches that YouTube video, give it a like and leave a comment for the algorithm. I'm sure Omar would appreciate it, and it might help to get more 2000 AD on the channel, thereby spreading the word. (Lots of people watching are 2000 AD-curious but have no idea where to start, with Dredd or otherwise.)

Dash Decent

Definitely.  It was a great review.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

norton canes

Marjory Blackshack. Mary Whitehouse.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

sheridan

AlexF

102 pages into this topic, and it might've come up before...

but I only just learned that Blas Gallego is not just the name of the Gronk's homeworld, but also a Spanish fantasy artist in the Frank Frazetta mould!

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 14 October, 2022, 09:49:16 AM
102 pages into this topic, and it might've come up before...

but I only just learned that Blas Gallego is not just the name of the Gronk's homeworld, but also a Spanish fantasy artist in the Frank Frazetta mould!

I think that was mentioned in the Massimo Belardinelli interview in the 1985 annual, so I knew that one from my very first years of being a squaxx :-)

JayzusB.Christ

I always mentally pronounced it 'bloss' (because it's the Irish word for 'taste' and pronounced like that) though I was clearly mistaken.

I was just thinking the other day about how brilliantly planets are named  in SD - 'Skybo Tsong' is probably my favourite.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

AlexF