Main Menu

Stuff you really should love, but just don't...

Started by mygrimmbrother, 19 October, 2012, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Richmond Clements

Charlie boy

Quote from: johnnystress on 21 October, 2012, 03:57:50 PM
Quote from: Charlie boy on 20 October, 2012, 06:25:31 PM
Slightly different to the trailer I saw, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQSy643xHcY

wow :o

And is that guy on drums..this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpuwcINDHnQ
He certainly looks like he could be but I refuse to believe it is on the basis that any person that talented would be a household name.

klute

Quote from: willthemightyW on 21 October, 2012, 04:45:04 PM
Red Dwarf. I'm sorry.

I liked the old Red Dwarf this new stuff just doesn't cut it for me.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Leigh S

Gram Parsons.  Don't hate his stuff, but he was in the Byrds! Sweetheart of the Rodeo is insanely good and has a place in my heart just for Roger McGuinns "country radio show" story....

But Gram himself, or the Flying Burrito Bros.... I have cds, but I just dont get em, or they dont get me. Or something.

Nap Normal

I can't believe that no one has responded to this thread with the classic line of.....
The wife.
:)
Falling in love makes you fat.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 October, 2012, 03:33:39 PM
Oh yeah, good call on Mad Men.  Dull and over-reliant on "ha ha, look at the past and what they thought of things" - Carry On Cleo did that much better.

Say it ain't so Prof!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Bored Walk Empire

I watched the pilot and it was perfect. Like a Norman Rockwell painting brought to life.

And then nothing happened.
You may quote me on that.

willthemightyW

Quote from: pops1983 on 21 October, 2012, 07:34:46 PM
Bored Walk Empire

I watched the pilot and it was perfect. Like a Norman Rockwell painting brought to life.

And then nothing happened.

You know why that is?
Martin Scorsese directed the pilot! I love almost everything he does! But yeah I felt the same way after that, the next few episodes didn't really interest me all that much, but I hear it gets better.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Spikes

Caught the first one, and though Mr Scorese directed it, it wasnt much cop. Even featuring the eminently watchable Steve Buscemi didnt help, im afraid.

The Walking Dead, thats summat else that isnt much cop, either. Damn you, American TV series, you used to be so good!

SuperSurfer

I refuse to take part in this thread.

Who is to tell me it is wrong for me not to like:
Doctor Who
Red Dwarf
Monty Python
Pubs
Zenith
Halo Jones?

radiator

radiator

The Wire. Gave up after the pilot. Yeah, so apparently it's AMAZING, you just need to get through the first series - after that you'll be hooked.

Strangely enough, I never seem to find myself with enough spare time to want to sit and watch hour after hour of boring television in the hope it eventually gets interesting.

It also looks incredibly bleak and depressing, but with none of the black humour of The Sopranos or Breaking Bad. Not sure that's my idea of entertainment.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: radiator on 22 October, 2012, 10:21:14 AM
You must be going to the wrong pubs!
So many times over the years people have said "oh, let's go to such and such, it's a really good pub" and when we'd get there I would think: hang on, isn't it like all the other ones (brown, old fashioned carpets, brass fittings etc). Always seems to be about 'ye olde' look. Just don't do it for me.

Gonk

Quote from: Nap Normal on 21 October, 2012, 06:47:40 PM
I can't believe that no one has responded to this thread with the classic line of.....
The wife.
:)

They don't seem like the kind of guys who'd be interesting to the opposite sex, so maybe not very many of them have wives. I'm just guessing mind you, and going by the subject of the posts. From experience, ladies don't usually enjoy talking about Star Wars and Bob Dylan for days on end, but I am only generalising here, and do not want to sound like I'm in any way discriminating against the opposite sex...or any one for that matter....apart from Tories. :lol:

coming at a cinema near you soon