Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Is that a licensing issue? Is Disney+ taking them on, now that they're incorporating characters from Daredevil in the MCU?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 February, 2022, 10:08:01 AM
(I've only previously watched Daredevil 1 + 2, Jessica Jones 1 and Luke Cage 1).

If you have enough time left to work through some of your un-watched stuff...

Punisher S1 is really good, but S2 is garbage (IMO). Daredevil S3 is fantastic. Iron Fist S2 is a big step up from S1 (although that's not saying much). I liked Luke Cage S2 a lot, but I'd skip S2 of Jessica Jones, which doesn't really hang together. S3 of JJ wraps everything up quite nicely, though.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CalHab on 22 February, 2022, 11:31:17 AM
Is that a licensing issue? Is Disney+ taking them on, now that they're incorporating characters from Daredevil in the MCU?

I was hoping this might happen. I have DD on my Netflix list - hadn't got to it yet and now seeing its going on 28/02 won't have time to. Shame.

Not sure it is moving as Netflix do seem to retire content - not sure why don't understand how the model for this type of thing works - but was disappointed to see they had removed the Twin Peaks series - though do they just license materials in some cases???

The Legendary Shark

I'm not into football at all but found the first two seasons of Ted Lasso to be quite charming.

I also enjoyed Succession, which is about a family of corporate assholes sticking it to other corporate assholes, and each other, while dealing with the problems of even more corporate assholes sticking it to them. Also: Brian Cox.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 February, 2022, 11:42:23 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 22 February, 2022, 10:08:01 AM
(I've only previously watched Daredevil 1 + 2, Jessica Jones 1 and Luke Cage 1).

If you have enough time left to work through some of your un-watched stuff...

I have less than a week to mainline as much as I can!
Noted regarding Punisher season 1, Jim.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 February, 2022, 12:02:11 PM
I was hoping this might happen.

A cruel typo, or typical Scouse mean-streak shining through?  :lol:

Up until yesterday afternoon, as I understood it, anything with a Netflix logo on it was safe as houses.

The Marvel shows could just be the exception though - it probably remains the case that the majority of their self produced content will remain accessible indefinitely.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 February, 2022, 12:21:25 PM
I also enjoyed Succession, which is about a family of corporate assholes sticking it to other corporate assholes, and each other, while dealing with the problems of even more corporate assholes sticking it to them. Also: Brian Cox.

Love oor Brian but this was like so many series now, nobody but nobody to root for, just ( mostly young) nasty people doing horrible things to each other... gave up.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 February, 2022, 12:02:11 PM

Not sure it is moving as Netflix do seem to retire content - not sure why don't understand how the model for this type of thing works - but was disappointed to see they had removed the Twin Peaks series - though do they just license materials in some cases???

Decided to re-watch the Hunger Games movies recently - Netflix has the first three of four films, but bafflingly, not the last one. What's that all about? - it's not even a standalone film, it's the second half of a 2-part finale.(Fortunately it's free to watch if you have Amazon Prime)

Hawkmumbler

Weird Netflix thing for me was, leading up to Jackass Forever I felt the urge to rewatch the first 3 (well, 4.) movies which where listed on Letterboxd as being available on Netflix UK. Jackass 3.5 was but not the others. Annoying.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 February, 2022, 03:50:53 PM

Love oor Brian but this was like so many series now, nobody but nobody to root for, just ( mostly young) nasty people doing horrible things to each other... gave up.

Oh, absolutely. There's not one sympathetic character in the whole ensemble, not even the goofy and naive cousin. The only thing left is to empathise with people ruined by money and power and root for the whole lot of them being brought down. Except for Brian, of course, who plays Daddy Monsterf*cker to perfection.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

I know, but empathising with Capt Bob is the last thing I want to do... But Briaza is superb in the role.
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Funny how Netflix seems to squirt out a dozen original cartoons a year but F is For family is the only good one out of the bunch and i've never seen anyone talking about it. Five seasons, didn't outlive its welcome at all. Great show.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 24 February, 2022, 06:19:48 PM
Funny how Netflix seems to squirt out a dozen original cartoons a year but F is For family is the only good one out of the bunch and i've never seen anyone talking about it. Five seasons, didn't outlive its welcome at all. Great show.

Your mouth is full of wrong! Archer, Big Mouth, Final Space, South Park and Bojack Horseman are fantastic. I gave up on F is for Family after a few episodes - just seemed like a boring outdated family sitcom. F is for Fuckingshite more like

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 February, 2022, 06:27:37 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 24 February, 2022, 06:19:48 PM

Your mouth is full of wrong! Archer, Big Mouth, Final Space, South Park and Bojack Horseman are fantastic. I gave up on F is for Family after a few episodes - just seemed like a boring outdated family sitcom. F is for Fuckingshite more like

Wait, since when was SOUTH PARK on Netflix?! I retract my statement and add a single asterisk.

Dandontdare

If you want cartoon fun on Netflix, I've just had three goes through Charlie Brooker's new interactive cartoon/game, Cat Burglar. It's a (brilliantly executed) Tex Avery style cat v dog battle with rapid fire quiz questions that pop up - get them right and the cat wins, get them wrong or take too long and he is flattened by the anvil or electrocuted. Barring a few link-scenes, there are hundreds of permutations. The gags and set-pieces are authentically insane and very funny.

More here:https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/feb/21/charlie-brooker-interview-black-mirror-cat-burglar

pictsy

Finished the first season of The Expanse and started the second.  The first flows very nicely into the second.  It's still very engaging.  There are mysteries set up, most get resolved but some don't and I think it hit the right balance for that.  The world is introduced in a compelling but not overly expository way and I find the array of characters interesting.  I don't know why I like Miller, he's an arsehole, but I do.  The quality is pretty high.  Well paced episodes in a well paced season.