Main Menu

Introducing Myself

Started by pictsy, 05 September, 2013, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pictsy

Hello, I'm Pictsy and I'm a budding illustrator.

I have been collecting 2000AD for about 20 years now - minus those five years when I stopped.  Never fret though, for I have recently purchased back issues to fill the gap in my collection and I am currently making my way through them.

I am currently enjoying reading Cabalistic Inc. the start of Low Life, The Red Seas, Samantha Slade, the aftermath of Total War and the continuation of Nikolai Dante - as of writing this I have just finished reading Prog 1431, so I still have a long way to go until I am caught up.

I am also enjoying the currently released Progs as well.  The highlight has certainly been Chaos Day - especially the aftermath.

Frank

Hiya, Pictsy. That's a mountain of reading you've given yourself, there.

pictsy

Quote from: sauchie on 05 September, 2013, 05:36:53 PM

Hiya, Pictsy. That's a mountain of reading you've given yourself, there.

Tell me about it.  I started around autumn last year with my very first copy of 2000AD, Prog 897.  I'd say I'm round-about half way through.  It's nice to finally be reading some stories that I missed out on for all those years that I was made aware of when I started collecting again.  One prime example is Leviathan.

COMMANDO FORCES

Colin YNWA

Great period to be catching up with.

Welcome aboard - have fun!

Simon Beigh

Doing something similar with the Meg. Good fun innit!

Welcome aboard :wave:

pictsy

Quote from: SimeonB on 05 September, 2013, 07:16:43 PM
Doing something similar with the Meg. Good fun innit!

Welcome aboard :wave:

It certainly is.  I love reading a prog with my morning coffee everyday (and maybe a few more through out the day if I feel like a break).  It's also fun reading the input page and the controversies of the times, like when 2000AD started utilizing digital colouring and the Valkyries 'debate'.

Thank you COMMANDO FORCES, Colin_YNWA and SimeonB for your warm welcomes.

As an old hand at both the internet and 2000AD it was about time I tried and merged the two interests :)

maryanddavid

Bobblehead

Howdy! Welcome aboard!  You are indeed reading through a quality era of 2000ad atm,hope you discover some more gems along the way :D

pictsy

Bobblehead - I've been enjoying Lobster Random and The V.C's as well.  There are some strips I'm not enjoying so much though.  Bec and Kawl being prime amongst them.  Also Slaine Books of Invasion aren't impressing me much.  I haven't really enjoyed a Slaine story since Treasure's of Britain - which has some of my most favourite 2000AD artwork.

pictsy

So then.  Does anyone know how long the 'new arrival' limbo lasts before full membership is obtained?

Sideshow Bob

Welcome, Pictsy...
It shouldn't be long before our Mod, Richmond Clements upgrades you to full status....
I think he usually does this on a Friday, once he's convinced you're not a troll or spambot....
Cheers...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

pictsy

pictsy

It's been two months, I swear I'm not a bot!  :'(

Richmond Clements