Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Buttonman

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Mister Pops on 11 November, 2013, 10:13:19 PM
Anything by Ennio Morricone

Agreed!  I listen to the Ecstacy of Gold and The Trio from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly almost monthly!!

It goes without saying the Dredd soundtrack is awesome.

I still have my double gatefold LP of the Star Wars soundtrack, but I also have it on CD.  the kids love it when we're in the car and I tell the story over the music, complete with special effects.

As far as compilations go, I like Trainspotting.  It's a fairly eclectic mix of stuff.  Also, the soundtrack from Spaced is just bizarre.  Both well worth a listen.

judda fett

Lalo Schifrin - Magnum Force for me, (along with the recent Dredd, Drokk and others already mentioned).

I'm quite partial to library records from labels such as KPM, Boosey And Hawkes and De Wolfe, and artists such as Basil Kirchin whose reissues are available on Trunk Record. Trunk is a great label collecting radio and tv ads and jungles, cult film and tv OST's, flexi disc compilations and the like.

Goaty

All sounds good choices, wish I could hear them clearly.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: judda fett on 12 November, 2013, 10:28:13 AM
Lalo Schifrin - Magnum Force for me, (along with the recent Dredd, Drokk and others already mentioned).

Lalo Schifrin - Enter the Dragon!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1KNZNGT5_w

Hear that Hammond organ strut it's funky stuff!

judda fett

Yeah Enter The Dragon is another classic. Can't go wrong with Lalo.

Sideshow Bob

Some great soundtracks mentioned in previous posts....
Surprised though, that no one has mentioned the absolutely fabulous soundtrack to Pulp Fiction yet though...
Mr Tarantino certainly appears to know his music and seems to select slightly more obscure music tracks which actually 'enhance' his movies..
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

judda fett

Just had a flashback to the 'Judgement Night' OST. Cypress Hill and sonic Youth, De La Soul and Teenage Fanclub, Onyx and Biohazard..

amines2058

Quote from: judda fett on 12 November, 2013, 12:39:04 PM
Just had a flashback to the 'Judgement Night' OST. Cypress Hill and sonic Youth, De La Soul and Teenage Fanclub, Onyx and Biohazard..

Oh yes that was a good one. Film was shite but I still occasionally listen to that soundtrack now!
Metal / Hip Hop crossovers that are not Run DMC & Aerosmith = Win!

radiator

Can't say I listen to it outside the context of the films, but I think the Lord of the Rings soundtracks are an astonishingly good collection of rousing, evocative themes. Almost Star Wars-level good imo.

In particular the 'Gondor' theme - that sequence in Return of the King when they light the beacons still sends a shiver down my spine and brings a tear to the eye.

Hawkmumbler

shaolin_monkey

Hawkmumbler

Oh indeed. For me though their stand out is Deep Red. The opening note sends chills down my spine and demands my attention every time it's on. I listen to it almost sporadicly but it's an amazing score and I listen to it in full.