Main Menu

IDW's Judge Dredd : Mega -City Two.

Started by flip-r mk2, 18 October, 2013, 02:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Tinkering with the Bunty's Joe?
Great promo. Where's the teddy off to?

Jo-L

I'm really looking forward to this.  Year One and Mars Attacks were good, but the main series has dropped off a bit.  This looks like it could get the IDW series back on track.

TordelBack

Oh that is fantastic.  I love (what I presume is) the new MC-2 Judge Kennedy uniform, complete with Dirty Frank accents (and maybe a touch of Anaheim Justice?), but most of all I fervently hope that Dredd at some point dons that Gestapo Bob fake beard ensemble.

See my dissenting doubts about the comics debut of Brian Ruckley on Rogue Trooper?  I'll have to change that general tune or risk double standards, 'cos I'm certainly excited about the maiden voyage of the good ship Wolk.

shaolin_monkey

That is brilliant! I'm going to get five copies, and me n the kids are gonna get the scissors out!

hoops

Quote from: Jo-L on 16 November, 2013, 06:07:14 AM
I'm really looking forward to this.  Year One and Mars Attacks were good, but the main series has dropped off a bit.  This looks like it could get the IDW series back on track.

Agreed!

smilersaltash

I thought Hondo City had rebuilt MC2 shortly after Judgement Day and Supersurf 13 was held there, so would be under the control of the Hondo Justice Dept

TordelBack

Quote from: smilersaltash on 16 November, 2013, 08:45:11 PM
I thought Hondo City had rebuilt MC2 shortly after Judgement Day and Supersurf 13 was held there, so would be under the control of the Hondo Justice Dept

Luckily you're the only one who remembers this, since it never happened.  Now just look at this gadget in my hand and ZZZAP.

Nah, I think the current consensus is that Hondo only got as far as rebuilding a showcase portion of the sprawling ruins of MC-2 and that it didn't go very well after that, and the project either stalled or was completely abandoned.  If as Tharg sugggested it has simply been retconned out of existence that would be a first for Dredd, and thus a bit of shame.  Mike Carroll has recently set a loose sequence of stories there depicting much of the city as still ruined and lawless, which mention ongoing earthquake problems (I suppose dropping TADs on the San Andreas fault will do that).  Currently it''s East-Meg 2 that has a colony there, populated by MC-1 citizens with Sov origins or ancestry 'repatriated' after Chaos Day.

None of this matters however, as the IDW books don't seem bound by 2000AD Dredd continuity.  Either that, or you can assume that the book is set before Judgement Day, and/or  that MC-2 is a very large and very diverse place.

smilersaltash