Main Menu

Carson City art

Started by Natsan, 05 March, 2003, 05:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natsan

This is for some of you guys who have been asking after this in the chatroom and also for you to give an opinion of the art.Would you buy a comic with art like this in it?Can you grasp what is happening on the page?Any other opinions?
Line weight on this image is a big chunkier than the actual page.

Just to clarify,this isn't anything to do with 2000AD.I'm just abusing the board for peoples feedback:)

Thanks!
Nataliehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/leech_2/images/ccpg174web.jpg">

karne

Very nice Nat. Nicely set out frames, not to crowded, lots of depth and good solid line work. At first glance I thought the covered image was a target range picture, but now I'm guessing that some of the chap's workmates have stuck a Saddam picture over a wanted poster, hiding the fact that the suspect is there in the room with them. Is that right or am I to close to the methadone cabinet again?

On a separate note, I've just shelled out ?3.40 for a 29.5ml bottle of FW. Acrylic ink and although it does appear to be superior in many ways to standard inks, I don't want to use it all up by experimenting with the various types of board and paper available to see which produces the best results. Have you any experience of the aforementioned ink and if so any advice on what works best with it?

Cheers,

karne

JamieB

Looking good, Nats. So has Ryan finally finished the script?

J-Bo-1

Proudhuff

Nat, looks good to me, better that some we see in Zooad

The Huffster
DDT did a job on me

WoD

Yeah Nat,

V. nice.  I like, I'd buy.

WoD.

Marbles

Nice. Very 'Queen & Country'.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Natsan

>Is that right or am I to close to the methadone cabinet again?

Natsan

I think you're confusing Andy with Ryan.Ryan finished Carson City before he headed back to the States.
Big hug for the compliments though! :)

Natalie

Bolt-01

That is 'really' nice! The layut is clear, even reduced that much. The stroytelling works on all the standard levels, with the eye being drawn along nicely through the page.

Is it the start of something more substantial? I don't get to the chatroom v often so I don't know anything abut it.

congrats anyway.

rotts

Trout

Hmmm. Good stuff.

- Trout

Quirkafleeg

Looking good nat... is this something that will be ready and on sale for the comics' fest?

paulvonscott

I like it Nat, I like the way you are drawing realistic stuff rather than some uber-stylised 'comic' art. I've been reading some of the Martin Mystery and Nathan Never books and it has some of the same qualities.  I like it, it seems undertsdable.  9 panels on a page, will my mind explode?  No. I'll buy a copy if it's going.

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah Nat, not a trace of constructive critisism, flows, clear, bold, crisp, holds attention, 9 panels layed out in non-headfrying manner. Go girl kick some art butt, look forward to more.

JamieB

Whoo, my bad, now I must face the wrath of Goatboy...

Anyway, this is looking ace. Ready for Bristol, I hope...

J-Bo-1

Natsan

Don't know what happen to my reply to you,Karne,it's all disappeared!

Natalie