Main Menu

SPACEWARP - New Venture from Pat Mills

Started by Bolt-01, 05 April, 2019, 08:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Bolt-01

It's nice to see MikeD back in action. Think the last time I saw his work was back in Omnivistascope.

Bolt-01

Surprised no-one here has mentioned that two more of the artists for Spacewarp are both forum members - Bruno Stahl and James Newell have both frequented this board for many years and I know James in particular has worked hard to get here. Congrats to them both.

<pimp>And of course they've both done work for me over at FQP - so remember folk - if you want to see who's going to be drawing the comics of tomorrow, check out FQP Today!</pimp>

The Legendary Shark

Congratulations are most surely in order. Well done, guys!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Necro-post!

News from the mighty Down the Tubes regarding Spacewarp

image nicked from DTT

pauljholden

The 11 year old in me is very exited by the looks of this.

(Though the DC Lawyer in me is probably eyeing up Hellbreaker and thinking ... hang on ...)

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

IndigoPrime

QuoteSpacewarp is aimed at a mainstream audience, age group 14 – 40, with female and male heroes from a wide range of backgrounds and ethnicities without falling into the 'woke' trap.
That's... a really weird line. It'll be interesting if the publication has pivoted from the original stance, which was very much "a comic about men", being heavily influenced by "boys comics" from the 1970s. But quite what "the 'woke' trap" means, I have no idea.

Leigh S

That looks incredible, though " "woke" trap"?... sigh.... great Anti-Virtue Signalling there.

Robin Low

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 May, 2020, 04:32:39 PMBut quite what "the 'woke' trap" means, I have no idea.

"We will still offend some people, but they are wrong."

I have to admit, though, I still like the look of it.

Regards,

Robin

Mardroid

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 May, 2020, 04:32:39 PM
QuoteSpacewarp is aimed at a mainstream audience, age group 14 – 40, with female and male heroes from a wide range of backgrounds and ethnicities without falling into the 'woke' trap.
That's... a really weird line.

Yes, why 40? I don't think my tastes suddenly changed when I hit 41 (or even now 5 years later). There was me kind of interested in this, but alas I'm a few years too old now.  :D

Mind you 14 is an odd starting age too.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

MenschMaschine

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 27 September, 2019, 08:11:27 AM
Surprised no-one here has mentioned that two more of the artists for Spacewarp are both forum members - Bruno Stahl and James Newell have both frequented this board for many years and I know James in particular has worked hard to get here. Congrats to them both.

<pimp>And of course they've both done work for me over at FQP - so remember folk - if you want to see who's going to be drawing the comics of tomorrow, check out FQP Today!</pimp>

Thanks, Dave, that means a lot! I do have fond memories working for FutureQuake. Sadly, the daily grind prevented me from doing more work  :'(

I read the whole thing over the weekend and I am confident it will live up to the hype. But then, I am biased and it'll be up to you fellows to decide.

The website is live and it's filled with extras and two free stories drawn by Gareth Sleighthome and Cliff Cumber. Pretty cool stuff :thumbsup:

https://www.spacewarpcomic.com/

Mardroid

The preorder link on the site connects to Amazon.com, and it disallows those of us located in UK (and probably elsewhere outside USA) from preordering.

I successfully preordered it via the Amazon app connected to UK site however.

broodblik

Yes I saw that you can pre-order it on Kindle but it is quite expense if you compare it with Rebellion's Specials $11 vs $4.

Here is an article and preview as well: https://downthetubes.net/?p=119600

I am quite disappointed in his latest comments related to 2000AD
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.