Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Mechastopheles vs Tracer Rd 1 Heat 56

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 December, 2021, 06:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So we're well into the second half of the 1st Round and stats fans this week sees us cover 14.2% - 16.3% of the tourney over all... oh gosh... I wish I hadn't typed that... I'm sorry...

Tracer has the honour (?) of being amongst a select group of thrill that meets the minimum requirement of appearing in only 2 episodes so just qualifying as series. Mechastopheles was a 3riller notching up 3 episodes before bursting out into its own series - so just like the eponymous protagonists if scale has anything to do with it we know where this one is going.

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Mechastopheles - more info

Vs.

Tracer - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 12th December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

AlexF

The art on Tracer is nice enough, the genericness of the story is irritating. Mechastopheles is anything BUT generic on both story and art. Easy win for the robot-demon-fortress refuge machine!

IndigoPrime

Blue Cactus

Mechastopheles. I'd like to see this become a big multi-layered epic.

Funt Solo

Tracer (a grumpy, wise-cracking fixer in goggles and a bandana rescues people for money):

Mechastopheles (Shadow of the Colossus meets the ninth circle of Hell):

My vote goes to Mechastopheles.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Magnetica

Does Tracer even count - it was only two episodes?

So I guess I'll go for:

Mechastophles.

Frankly I would have gone for Skip Tracer over either. 😉

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 10 December, 2021, 09:01:33 AM
Does Tracer even count - it was only two episodes?

2 episodes is the very low benchmark (individual 3rillers aside, which get lumped together). Believe it or not there are a few that have lower page counts!

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Whisper it, don't dare say it outloud but with a day to go could this be the first shut out? Vote today and I'll let you know in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

SHUT OUT!!! We've done it after 55 votes, yes count 'um 55 (well you don't have to count them I put the number in the title) the 56th has agreement, solidarity, unity. It appear everyone, EVERYONE loves Mechastopheles... or at least can't really remember Tracer (nice art a bit pointless as I recall). Wow. I wonder when we get that again...

...I promise some of the votes are more interesting next week.

Mechastopheles

crushes cities in it path to the 2nd Round.