Main Menu

FFT - What if? Derby Week Tie 9 - Dead Meat vs Dynosty

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 September, 2022, 06:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by AlexF

Dead Meat - more info

VS

Dynosty- more info

We start off Derby Week with... two thrills that couldn't be more opposite! We finished off What If AlexF had the steering wheel today. See I said if he had this would have all been a damned sight better that's for sure! Tharg's most herbivorous thrill against Tharg's most carnivorous. It might not have ended well, but makes for a lip smackin' tie though

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 29th September and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

Maybe I must just rather vote for my "favorite" Dredd epic ever City of the Damned but lets throw the dice and lets see where it lands: Dead Meat, Dynosty, Dead Meat, Dead Meat and it is Dynosty
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

AlexF

Dynosty has more legs as a thrill, but it never really came together. Dead Meat may not have found its feet as a story-delivery machine, but the characters of Vera Brett and Insp. Raam were surely more well-realised than most 90s 2000AD stinkers. And that's enoguh to clinch it in this tie!

Dead Meat

NapalmKev

Dead Meat.

I enjoyed the series and think it would work well in the Regened Progs.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

IndigoPrime

Yep. Dead Meat could be a solid Regened thrill. Dynosty was terrible, from what I can recall. Dead Meat would win this one for me, although I'm not fussed about ever reading either again.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

That Dead Meat cover pictured above is one of my all-time favourites. Having that "featuring Inspector Raam" banner stuck under the logo was wonderful and hilarious, and I remember buying three copies. Two for the collection and one for the wall. Very much enjoyed DM at the time. Haven't read it in years though.

Dinosty was... obviously designed for another comic.

Dead Meat

SBT

Funt Solo

Dinosty is more fun.

Dead Meat can be summed up neatly by Perry Bible Fellowship's Scorchy.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

abelardsnazz

Colin YNWA

The dining bell rings on this one and we need to mover through to pick a course. One day to go and I'll announce which thrill we have choosen.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Quietly dramatic one this one with not much action but what there was was exciting and tight as votes swung either way and these to ... and lets be brutally honest here... failures not being able to be slip and we get a rare tie.

For me its pretty straight forward while Dinosty had ambition and desire it was clumsy in art and execution. Dead Meat was more down to earth and had moment of glory, the submerged parliment filled with dead horses (did I dream that?) and at least looked good and so on that basis

Dead Meat

gets this my the finest margin.