Main Menu

The Complete Case Files 33

Started by broodblik, 03 June, 2019, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

What I always liked about the Case Files is the variety on both the stories as well as artist. It is again the case with Case Files 33 with some of the best Dredd artists. The Case Files where not as strong as previous editions but still very enjoyable.

The highlights are:

Star Drekk :A Space Fantasy – A funny parody ripping of Star Trek.

Bodies of Evidence – A good story about human trafficking originating out of Calhab.  Art on this one is by the great Cam Kennedy.  It is always an awesome treat to read any story featuring his art.

Relentless – Colin Wilson provides the art. Dredd must venture the Cursed Earth to bring some instant justice to a mutant lizard Snake Eyes.

Chief Judge's Man – A story where a hit-man is used by the reigning Chief Judge Hersey[spoiler] (or is it?)[/spoiler] to take out any pro-democracy activist.

The volume ends with a good story out of the Meg related to the Lawlords called Lawcon. The Lawlords latest appearance was in Prog 1894 – 1899.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

DrJomster

Thanks for posting. I'm a volume or two behind but will definitely be buying this. "It's only a pigeon, Dredd" is my latest purchase, so nearly up to date!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Richard

I'd forgotten how good Bodies of Evidence is. I'd remembered it as no more than a comedy about Scottish people, but underneath all the jokes is a story which is actually tragic.

Greg M.

Quote from: Richard on 13 June, 2019, 03:06:43 PM
... underneath all the jokes is a story which is actually tragic.

Scotland summed up in eleven words.

Frank