Main Menu

Zarjaz 09 & Dogbreath 22: Launching!

Started by Bolt-01, 15 March, 2010, 10:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

That is a gawwwwwwwgeous Dogbreath cover.
@jamesfeistdraws

Zarjazzer

Quote from: KevLev on 15 March, 2010, 05:45:00 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 15 March, 2010, 05:33:35 PM
Is this the Dogbreath with RAC/KevLev/Bou's Teen Wulf strip in it?  Can't wait!
It certainly is. Very excited I am about it too...

oh goody that's another good reason to buy it. And I have.  :)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Kerrin

WOO-HOO! I'll go buy mine now.

Superb covers fellas.

flip-r mk2

That's my copies of Zarjaz,Dogbreath and FutureQuake ordered,not going to make it to HiEx this year so will have to do without signed copies BUGGER.Can't wait for these to arrive.

As this is my 500 post Bolt this means

YOU'RE MY WIFE NOW.

filip :D
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Bolt-01

Crikey! That's a lot of posts.

This is indeed the Dogbreath issue featuring the mighty Teen Wulf! It should have seen the finale for Berserker, but the story behind that will be told at Hi-Ex,

Anyway- Teen Wulf- World Tree is possibly the best thing we've ever run in Dogbreath, and we've run some 'good' stuff. I'm very proud of this and think it is definately pro- quality.

Written by Richmond Clements, Art by Kevin Levell with a magnificent assist by Vicky Stonebridge and lettered by Bolt-01.

Over in Zarjaz we proudly stand to attention for the opening strip in the issue, a little tale called Judge Dredd- Father Figure. This is the infamous 'Pitchfest' entry by Paul Glasswell at the last Dreddcon, and it was personally rejected by John Wagner himself.

Artwork on this was provided by Gibson Quarter, and letters by Bolt-01.

mygrimmbrother

Excellent teasers. Kev's panel there is indeed deserving of the title 'pro-quality'.

And Gibbos; Dredd ain't too shabby neither.

Dave & Rich - take a bow, you guys continue to excel yourselves with eacn new issue.

Dunk!

That Teen Wulf panel is awesome.

Glad my stuff gets to sit next to it.  :-\
"Trust we"

Kev Levell

Thanks for all the really generous comments on Teen Wulf, warms the old heart! I really hope you all like it after this build up.
For a more sneak peaks at panels and sketches etc. there's some on my blog but you might need to search for Dogbreath, Wulf, Strontium Dog or similar to find them all though.

Gibson's Dredd is great, and you can find pencils for that strip amongst much other cool stuff on his blog too!

Dunk! glad to be rubbing shoulders with you... I used your strip "A Little Local Trouble" as reference for Butch and his bar in the final page!

Bolt-01

I think Rich would agree with me, that if there is anything from Dogbreath we'd love to see as canon, it would be Butch and the bar on the Doghouse. The Kennel is a great location and I'm sure we'll be getting some more tall tales from there eventually.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 March, 2010, 01:02:40 PM
I think Rich would agree with me, that if there is anything from Dogbreath we'd love to see as canon, it would be Butch and the bar on the Doghouse. The Kennel is a great location and I'm sure we'll be getting some more tall tales from there eventually.

Yup! Butch came about when were were batting ideas about when we took over and he's really works as a narrative device for a lot of stories, and allowed me to write reviews with appalling grammar!

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Bolt-01

Thanks for that emps- you beat me to it.

Today I present for you:

In Dogbreath 22- Strontium Dog- Don't take your guns to town, by Matt Soffe.

In Zarjaz 09- Tales of the G.I.- In the Zone by Michael Carroll and bolt-01

locustsofdeath!

I've seen a few samples of Don't Take Your Guns to Town on Matt Soffe's blog and that strip reeks with atmosphere. Looks like a pretty impressive lineup for both mags.

Richmond Clements

Looking at the updates on the blog it looks like I've written a shit load of stuff of these issues!

Dog Deever

Hack!
;)

You'll have tae do a Wagner and start using a slew of pseudonyms.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.