Main Menu

Hierarchy

Started by Swearengen, 23 April, 2005, 06:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

Such heirarchies only work if you allow them to.  If someone was pretending to be a monarchist fish or a grumpy bear, the fun only lasts as long as everyone who posts plays along with the gag.
Likewise, if someone claims to be top bitch, other members of the board only have to resort to pointing out that person's love of rubbish teenage witchy programmes, or the seemingly endless tripe-athon that is Babylon 5 in order to dispel the illusion.
In other words, just join in.  You can't go wrong treating it like it's just a bunch of bored nerds passing time while they're on the computer, because that's what 99 percent of forums and messageboards amount to, anyway.

Noisybast

Listen to the Bear.
The Hive has spoken.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

gnilleps

? I'm confused... Are you, or are you not a grumpy bear?

Byron Virgo

He is grumpy, but as far as we can tell he's not a bear (but he is Irish, so it's close enough on a chromatic level).

But the general rule of thumb is that if you see anyone expressing a liking for poorly rendered cg fantasy wank-fests starring Chekov from Star Trek as some sort of Nazi mesmerist, you must take the piss out of them immediately and in the most insulting manner possible.

Richmond Clements

MMmmm.
I wonder who that guy is he's talking about.
Is it Fred Durst?

Byron Virgo

Or perhaps Paddy McGinty's Goat:

Link: http://richwriting.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Diary of a Madman

http://scioto.dublin.k12.oh.us/misc/irishguydownloads/images/Lacrosse.jpg">

gnilleps

"He is grumpy, but as far as we can tell he's not a bear (but he is Irish, so it's close enough on a chromatic level)."

Ok, can I still get away with putting on trainers and just running faster than my mate? Or do I now have to run faster than both?

Byron Virgo

Just make sure that he's not carrying luggage.

Richmond Clements

Heehee!
I thought I was the only person who read that Byron.

JimBob

"Who?s the person who thinks they are at the top of the pile, who?s the one who knows everything and posts the answers to those obscure questions?"
SHAFT! Damn right.

Quirkafleeg

The Big Three have been informed... you will hear of their judgement in due course.
THE COLLECTIVE HAS SPOKEN!

Richmond Clements

Is that all four of the big three, or just three of them?

Quirkafleeg

All five. THE COLLECTIVE HAS SPOKEN!

JimBob

my hive mind transponder was damaged some time ago, having my own opinions is soooo tyring, i need back in the hive

Matt Timson

Oh yes, silly me!  All 'bosses' go through strict training at 'boss school' so that everyone else knows how to react to them all.  The same can be said of all middle managers: exactly the same- all of them.  As long as you know who's who, you won't have to worry about getting to know them because their personalities will be overridden by their job titles...

Johnny's tip for the day:  You were doing really well as a newbie up until this thread.  There's not a lot that's more annoying than "established personalities are getting defensive" comments from newbies who don't like the answers to the questions that they've asked.  

Not liking, or understanding the numerous answers to your question, is part and parcel of exactly why there are no short cuts in getting to know people.  Just join in and think about how you'd talk to people if they were stood in front of you.

Welcome to the board.

Pffft...