Main Menu

Art Book

Started by Smiley, 25 June, 2002, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

With the all the hoo-hah about reprints, lost films and owners of original art, etc, I wonder...

Would it be a good viable thing to produce a full colour book of the VERY BEST of all the pin-ups, covers, posters (or even just panels) that have graced 2000AD over the years, unsullied by strap-lines and speech balloons? A few pages were done like that in one of the old 'Best Of' Specials.

It wouldn't have to be a ?100 coffee-table monster, just a large format paperback. Does anybody have a particular favourite piece of art, the sort that makes you think "Hot damn, wish that was framed over the fireplace!"

(We'll take "Gaze into the fist of Dredd" as read.)

Oddboy

Good if it had 'Whose gonna mess with US?' picture at the end of Judgement day.
Many people said that the whole story was just an excuse to get Carlos to do that picture.

The four Dark Judges pictures that were on the backs of progs 5 hundredd (excuse the pun) and something would be cool.
The Feral cover "Stinkin' Stronts".
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tu-plang

Nearing the end of Sinister Dexter: Eurocrash, where Finn turns around to see Demi dead...

But that didn't have letters anyway.

Maybe some of the pin-ups/covers/frames could be accompanied by the artist of the piece giving a comment on the opposite page, or a popular artist who likes it.  Actually I'd want it to be one of those 100 quid coffee-table giants.

Oh, and that bit at the beginning of America part two, with the kid dropping his ice-cream.  It shows a certain side of Dredd's world in a nutshell.

Oddboy

I had a second copy of that Meg.
I cut that picture out & it makes a great tape box cover.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Ooooh, where to start?

Definitely: The Demarco unzipping cover.

The first appearance of Fear, Fire and Mortis in Judge Death Lives: "She was guilty. The sentence was death!"

The bit where Zenith punches straight through Masterman.

And maybe Halo's last appearance, after stealing the space ship?

But definitely, definitely Demarco.

- Trout off to buy a leather catsuit.

James

The Bolland page from the end of BLOCK MANIA(I think), where Dredd and Orlok are fighting in a tank of water. No speech, just the best page ever created.

James