Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Very silly, but I enjoyed that a lot. PJ nails it (with a terrible pun BTW - but not as bad as "Like this Iambic foot, I'm stressed, you're not")

Dark Jimbo

Glorious stuff. So glad to have it back. And finally Simon Quinlank Kevin Eldon does some work with the boys!
@jamesfeistdraws

Goaty

Really enjoy it, sort of Shakespeare Comedy,

And that woman from My Parents Are Aliens would left me :o if I watch that show again after this episode.

JLC

Quote from: Goaty on 03 January, 2018, 01:27:40 PM
Really enjoy it, sort of Shakespeare Comedy,

And that woman from My Parents Are Aliens would left me :o if I watch that show again after this episode.
?

Mattofthespurs

That was fantastic and easily the best telly of the year so far ( ;))
But seriously wonderful.
Loved it.

Goaty

Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room

That was really great episode and very moving.

Really enjoy it and some funny moments.

Honest that [spoiler]last act does left me little crying. [/spoiler]

Tiplodocus

Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room was just brilliant stuff. I'm not crying. You're crying!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mattofthespurs

I had to watch that episode again.
As good as it was it did not sit well with me originally.
I had a few glasses of vino and I think the emotional kick never happened on the first viewing.
The second viewing is interesting as now you know [spoiler]that he is dead[/spoiler] some of the conversation they have has a more profound meaning on a second viewing.
Still, I do think the episode overran by a few minutes. For me [spoiler]the kicker was a tad earlier.[/spoiler]

Still, even at it's worst, and this was nowhere near it's worst, the series is sublime television.

manwithnoname

The Shakespearian episode was dreadful, but this week's was a melancholy, clever, funny, wise and respectful masterpiece of television.

Had a little tear in the eye at the end. Bravo.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: manwithnoname on 12 January, 2018, 11:35:03 AM
The Shakespearian episode was dreadful

I have to, respectfully, completely disagree.

One of the funniest, cleverest things I have ever seen on television.

Timothy

To my shame this series had completely passed me by until, on a whim, I stuck the latest 2 episodes on the old iPlayer this afternoon. Quite the best television I have seen for a long long time. I will be diving into the
Netflix back catalogue pretty sharpish.

manwithnoname

Quote from: Timothy on 13 January, 2018, 05:03:21 PM
To my shame this series had completely passed me by until, on a whim, I stuck the latest 2 episodes on the old iPlayer this afternoon. Quite the best television I have seen for a long long time. I will be diving into the

I think I read somewhere that the back catalogue is being wiped from some online player soon (or maybe it's already happened), but it might be the BBC i-player, so you should still be good on Netflix, whatever they have on there anyway.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: manwithnoname on 16 January, 2018, 03:53:04 PM
Quote from: Timothy on 13 January, 2018, 05:03:21 PM

I think I read somewhere that the back catalogue is being wiped from some online player soon (or maybe it's already happened), but it might be the BBC i-player, so you should still be good on Netflix, whatever they have on there anyway.

Yes, it's gone from streaming but the DVD's/Blu rays are very cheap.

Timothy

Series 1 and 2 are still on Netflix and Amazon Prime. No sign of series 3 though.

Goaty

That was good and fun episode tonight. Dark and nice with 10 mins early twist.