Main Menu

Addressing Australian Boarders Only

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 February, 2010, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceBot

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 07 March, 2010, 10:29:13 PM
This is the greatest thread of all time.

It's like some crazy obsessive trainwreck.

I suggest he moves to england, finds out where they're printed and shack up next door.

Roger Godpleton

I feel I should point something out.

QuoteThe ones that go postal, and get imprisoned.

In many cases, such people don't end up in prison.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ThryllSeekyr

Blah, blah, blah, blah, etc... etc....

As I was typing out a fairly lengthtly reply to this the other night when I lost it all and said it
QuoteOh, bugger it....., wehy do I bother!

I will get back to you on that offer of yours Tordelbach.

Like are you sure you have spares?

How much time will you give me to reply properly?

Reagarding, Peterwolf's negative re-enforcement. You claim I'm being the fool. That  I'm such a idiot. I haven't threatened anybody here on this forum, I merely said I wish to use a firearm on storekeeper for being difficult and messing me around. Because of that I missed out. What ever happened to the customer is always right.

Why you taking their side?

Your not even there, or are you?

My argument is, I don't reallywon't anybody else's progs when it was very possible that I could have had my own. I don't want to get the digital download either. Not when I could spend waht little money I have on the actual magazines.

As I'm sitting here now, nothing is going to happen, time is just passing me by.

I will get back to you on this Tordelbach.

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 March, 2010, 01:11:21 AM
Like are you sure you have spares?

I don't currently have spares, TS, but I'm happy to buy two of any current or future Prog and send them on to you.  If you'd like I'll cost up the postage and give you a likely price per issue/month  If a constant flow of progs is unsuitable for your budget, I could just buy two of any Sláine-containing issues.  Just trying to help a fellow fan out, since you're obviously suffering and I buy my Progs from a shop and regularly post stuff to NSW, where I have a brother, a sister-in-law and a gorgeous niece.

ThryllSeekyr

You know the ones that I wanted were progs 1662, 1663, 1664, 1665, 1666.

They should been and gone a while back, like late last year in the U.K..

You sure you can get those?

I'm only interested in those, they are not current or future progs.

So, I think that might be a problem.

If I had acouple of thousand dollars spare, I would start a yearly subscription.

You have folks in N.S.W. I was down that way over five year ago, since 2002.

I have a neice as well, of my older brother and his wife who went on European vacation & were briefly in London just recently, but I neglected to ask them to pick up any progs.

Such is strained relationship, I often get whatever he's buy me.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 March, 2010, 01:11:21 AM
Blah, blah, blah, blah, etc... etc....

Reagarding, Peterwolf's negative re-enforcement. You claim I'm being the fool. That  I'm such a idiot. I haven't threatened anybody here on this forum, I merely said I wish to use a firearm on storekeeper for being difficult and messing me around. Because of that I missed out. What ever happened to the customer is always right.

Why you taking their side?

Your not even there, or are you?

Do you always type comments when you are pissed ??

I have just deleted 5 seperate comments because to be totally honest i dont want to say what i think in this instance.Mainly out of politeness and the fact that i can be very direct.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

I know what I'm talking about......

I asked a store clerk, if they would hold some comics for me, when I visited their newsagency late last year.

I gave them my name and number.

I left telling them that I would ring them again at the time just before I beleived the progs I had told them I wanted might be arriving.

When I got home. I created a mini database and saved it as documnet to the computer. It had all the progs listed up to the one that I was after with the dates next to them. So I could keep track of them and know when to ring them.

I have contacted them a few times in the past about this.

The first time I did ring them. Which would have a few days before I expected the first of those progs to arrive, I could tell it was a different person, possibly a young man like myself. They vere very unco-operative.

They told me there no 2000AD magazines on their shelves when they bothered to ring me back and that the ones that I wanted would be arriving two later than I expected.

Which is contrary to what Radbacker told me.

The next time I rang them, it was a girl on the phone. I got her to check the shelves & she gave me a negative on that.

She said the same thing, that expected progs would be arrivng two weeks later than expected.

The next time I rang them, it sounded like the person I had originally spoke with in the store itself. He said that the order was cancelled & then re-issued.

I think this would have been over a month ago now.

Which is nearly two months since I might have been getting prog 1662. Which is what I wanted.

My mention to wanting to use firearm, is derived from the caustic spitefullness of the first person I spoke on the phone. He was givng me abit of a attitude. I really hate that.

So there's no such thing as your relibale friendly newsie anymore.

Do I always type comments when I 'm PISSED.

If you mean I'm PISSED as in inebriated. No, I don't drink much at all, not lately. You need money for that. I am PISSED-off, but I don't always comment when I am angry, and I'm not realy boiling right now even. Though, I am alittle irritated & overtired.

My bad spelling & misplacement of letters, words, is just my own inability to type properly. Thats just me. I want to say alot and will try to type real fast. I do this more, when I am feeling alittle anxious.

As for the rest of what you said. Maybe your right and you shouldn't comment at all. Wasting your time and maybe I'm wasting my own.

My problem with you and perhaps a few others is that you seem comvinced I'm imagining this and that I should just buy the download or your secondhand progs. You seem to think I'm bad guy here.

What opinion have you formed about me exactly.

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but I am.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 March, 2010, 03:30:38 AM

As for the rest of what you said. Maybe your right and you shouldn't comment at all. Wasting your time and maybe I'm wasting my own.

My problem with you and perhaps a few others is that you seem comvinced I'm imagining this and that I should just buy the download or your secondhand progs. You seem to think I'm bad guy here.

What opinion have you formed about me exactly.

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but I am.

Dont ask.

Anyway why not get in contact with comic shops in Australia and find one that is willing to order 2000ad because they are likely to be more sympathetic to your needs rather than pissing around with some newsagent that isnt even interested in your business.

How about that ?

Why not get in contact with Denise @ the 2000ad shop and order the back issues that way ?

Lastly i dont think that you are imagining things at all and i never said that you were but i was commenting on your comments where you were talking about firearms because to me that creates rather a negative impression and makes me think that you have questionable reasoning and judgement.

ThryllSeekyr

I got a phone call from the newsagency today, sometime this morning.

It was the girl on the phone, & she told me she was only able to get prog 1666.

Prog 1662, 1663, 1664, 1665 are going to be problem for them.

Anyway, I said I won't being any progs from them unless they have them all.

I then I hung up, and thought to myself when they ring back I'll them let them know I won't be interested in buying from them anyway.

I don't care about the comics now, I am already messed up about it.

Because they have now made me feel lousy.

They 've already demonstrated that they are unreliable and I just don't like them now.

I could just keep rambling on here, but I fear I wil make less sence as I go on and on.

Peter Wolf says....

QuoteAnyway why not get in contact with comic shops in Australia and find one that is willing to order 2000ad because they are likely to be more sympathetic to your needs rather than pissing around with some newsagent that isnt even interested in your business.

How about that ?

Well, as you should know, I have been. I have have got into contact about three sellers that I have already added as favorites in the past on Ebay. They can't even come through for me, not completely anyway. As for Ebay in general. Any search for 2000AD magazine  on this website comes up as a zero. It's been like this since late last year.

Amazon.com don't have any either.

I know the places in the city won't have them. They won't touch them They did once have all the old Judge Dredd graphic Novels published by Titan but the were all sold overnight. That was nearly five years ago.

You advice has alreay been considered.

I know Kings Comics in Sydney won't have them.

I't like 2000AD gets a grand snubbing around here.

I only haven't tried whatever stores there might be in places like Melbourne, Perth, Darwin, Ayres Rock and Tasmania.

I've seen the places in Melbourne on a trip I took down south several years ago.

Like I said earlier, I don't wish to make finding a reliable seller my life's work. Which is how thinggs seem to be going.

I'm just being phycotic trying any harder.

As it is I'm thinking of taking a match & just torching my entire collection. It's only holding me down. I won't try & sell them, I'll just burn them, I already know I won't get much for them.

Of course, I'll wake up tomorrow & think differently.

About FIREARMS...

They aren't always a negsative. Alot of people legally own them and resons of sercurity, but there always the excpetion that almost wide as the amount of people who already have them.

I know a guns aren't always safe. I just read on my news page that some three year old girl shot herelf in the stomach, because her father left a his loaded gun without the safety on lying around, near the WII controllers which she mistook it for. She's now dead.

Firearms I want one because I demand instant repect for shopkeepers, even If I don't deserve it.

Did you know that in some parts of the U.S.A. they don't let you stay or enter if you don't have a registered firearm. Thats right, you must have a gun on you while in their territory. Strange, I think thats just the] sherriff/cowboy mentality, a throw back to the days of the wild west. I think thats in Utah Not sure really. I read this in Ralph magazine. So it might be fiction, but it may not be. As they say about fiction & truth. What is stranger?

I'm just rambling again, and just a five minutus ago, I got another phone call from the same girl saying that it is imppossible for them to abtain the progs I wanted anyway. I just told them their're lousy as I actualley saw the magaizne in their shop. Thats why I bothered to ask. It's a sick joke if that was what they were playing and I hung up before they could finish.

It does feel like they have written me off because they have picked up on my hostility but that still doesn't justify their attitude.

TordelBack

QuoteFirearms I want one because I demand instant repect for shopkeepers, even If I don't deserve it.

I suspect you're mistaking fear for respect there, TS, and even thinking about using a gun in that manner is a very bad idea.  If you read the "Curse Diamond" and other similar US-based threads you'll see that you are far from the only person to have endless frustrations getting your progs, so it's not like these difficulties are a reflection on you personally.  Shopkeepers run shops to make a living, and the profit on maintaining supply or importing a handful of hard-to-find issues may simply represent too little income for too much trouble - they're a business, not a public service.  Obviously they should be more polite and straight in their dealings with you, but they genuinely may not want the business because it's too much hassle.

Mikey

Wow! Some serious anger there TS - you'll have a warp spasm if their not lucky. But listen to Tordels; it's very unlikely they're doing it to you as a personal insult, it just doesn't make economic sense for them to track down the issues. And they did phone to tell you.

I've been thinking about the weight of progs in my house recently and whether I should keep the single issues ad infinitum when I can buy trades of my favourite stories, so in a spirit of friendship and to help out a squaxx I'll happily send you the progs if you want them (and it'll be easier for me to get the issues again if I want), if you can cover the postage. Reply on here in the first instance and I'm sure we can get something sorted out.

Cheers

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ThryllSeekyr

Hey, maybe your right....

I just find it so annoying that I even after they producedd a prog from the shelves late last year, they couldn't even secure the ones containing the last Slaine story Pat Mills wrote.

If they found something they didn't like in my attitude, then that can't be helped. I was reasonably polite to them at the time and even on the phone. The first few times. Today, or yesterday I bared my fangs at them.

Maybe you righht. Maybe those progs weren't on their regular intinery. Perhaps they were just a sample sent to them by the master of distribution. Who would thast be?shoulde. All the same, I had told them, Would you secure progs 1662, 16663, 1666, 1665 and next one for me.

That they may include having to order them, just incase the distritor stopped giving thgem out.

I don't any newsagency. I think any newsagency let alone a actual comic book store worth owneweight shou dbe able to order, get any thing I have seen on their shelves.

Tahst their job, they should know what their job is.

What if I asked for the same thing in Macdonalds resturaunt & expected the same thing.
I don't think so.

Now if they don't like me. If they think I stink, thats immaterial, it's not professional to single people out that way. That discrimatory.

What would like to know how & why newsagencies get their goods. Like there's stuff that you will allways find like the local daily papers, & magazines. You can never go wrong with Penthouse, Playboy & Hustler. Even the tabloids are always there.

Who controls distribution & now I'm getting to the part where I might beleive that the problem could be at your end. Maybe the U.K. distributors are really stiffing, them & me.

I believe the girl told me before I started geting surly, something about how they only get what they are sent.

So, is it Tharg himself who is the culprit?

Should I aim for the offices.

Seriosly I'm not pissed at anybody really, but really just very tired.

So, I would like try getting them through Denise. at your end.

BTW, Denise is the name of my late mother. Not really a common name either.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 10 March, 2010, 06:29:41 AM

About FIREARMS...

They aren't always a negsative. Alot of people legally own them and resons of sercurity, but there always the excpetion that almost wide as the amount of people who already have them.

I know a guns aren't always safe. I just read on my news page that some three year old girl shot herelf in the stomach, because her father left a his loaded gun without the safety on lying around, near the WII controllers which she mistook it for. She's now dead.

Firearms I want one because I demand instant repect for shopkeepers, even If I don't deserve it.

Did you know that in some parts of the U.S.A. they don't let you stay or enter if you don't have a registered firearm. Thats right, you must have a gun on you while in their territory. Strange, I think thats just the] sherriff/cowboy mentality, a throw back to the days of the wild west. I think thats in Utah Not sure really. I read this in Ralph magazine. So it might be fiction, but it may not be. As they say about fiction & truth. What is stranger?

I am not anti-firearms in any way at all and never have been and never will be.I should have said so because that wasnt my point at all.

You cant legally own a firearm and keep it in your house unfortunately but i am all for gun ownership in the hands of responsible adults and i dont support govt gun grabs like what happened in the UK.I do actually have two early 19th century flintlock pistols but those are antiques.The US govt would like to remove the second amendment that makes it legal to possess firearms but they havent got a hope in hell of doing that as the majority of the US population would not go along with it.

As for criminals then they are going to have guns wether they are legal or not.

You must be joking about wanting to have a gun to demand respect from shopkeepers because before you know it you will be gunned down [police shoot to kill in these situations] in the street or you will surrender your firearm and be arrested and go down for as long time and you will most probably be subject to psychological/psychiatric evaluation because you will not get away with it.

This is a warning to you so hopefully you will listen.

Proudhuff

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 March, 2010, 01:52:08 AM
You know the ones that I wanted were progs 1662, 1663, 1664, 1665, 1666.

Mayor, I'll have a rake through my stuff and see if I can find these for you, if I find em I'll let you know and If I find em I'll send then to you okay?
DDT did a job on me

Grant Goggans

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 10 March, 2010, 06:29:41 AM

Yeah, I think I read that in the same magazine that said that the earth was flat.