Main Menu

Recent posts

Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by Jade Falcon - 19 May, 2024, 11:11:20 PM
I have a big pile, even bigger than I thought of books still to be read.  I finished Sinister Dexter.  It was a series that took a little to get into like Nikolai Dante but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Al's Baby...was different.  I never even caught on to the parody of the Demi Moore Vanity Fair magazine cover.
Film & TV / Re: New Doctor Who series
Last post by Funt Solo - 19 May, 2024, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: rogue69 on 19 May, 2024, 09:23:16 PMAlso why are all soldiers in Doctor Who Now either Priests or a religious sect

Someone's been imbibing Warhammer 40K lore, mayhap?
Last post by Doomlord66 - 19 May, 2024, 09:48:24 PM
I'll get my coat
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by Illyana - 19 May, 2024, 09:25:36 PM
Look who is not editing her text, Lawless link is here!

Lawless Comic Con
Last post by nxylas - 19 May, 2024, 09:24:27 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 19 May, 2024, 07:09:37 PM
Quote from: Doomlord66 on 19 May, 2024, 01:09:41 PMAlso is it me or did the containment device look very similar to shall we say, a marital aid, just without the helmet end?

So...tell me about your childhood...
I totally heard that in the voice of the psychiatrist from Hyperactive.
Classifieds / Re: Auctions for progs 1 - 200...
Last post by lincnash - 19 May, 2024, 09:23:35 PM
Prog 2 with Biotronic stickers and rare as rocking horse sh1t, signed Tharg letter, is going off like a frog in a sock  :P
Will be interesting following that auction, best of luck with the outcome inkymonkey.
Last post by rogue69 - 19 May, 2024, 09:23:16 PM
Also why are all soldiers in Doctor Who Now either Priests or a religious sect
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by Illyana - 19 May, 2024, 09:14:10 PM
Hello Irregulars! And welcome to...a break! We fully intended to release an episode before the Lawless Comic Con (May 25-26 at the DoubleTree Hilton in Bristol, tickets at link in bio) however, due to the requirements of upcoming storylines, we're going to wait on Destiny's Child and The Tsar's Daughter!

These will be the stories we discuss live from Lawless at 1pm on Saturday, May 25. So you can read up before you come see us if you like. We will have a few trade paperbacks on hand for the audience to share. That means no episode this coming Friday, but we're working to release the live con episode in the week(s) following, on the road technology permitting. We will catch you next time, bye!
Welcome to the board / Re: Hola! And thanks!
Last post by Colin YNWA - 19 May, 2024, 09:05:32 PM
Nicely said and welcome aboard.
Prog / Re: Prog 2381: A grizzly fate
Last post by Stegron - 19 May, 2024, 08:32:59 PM
Quote from: Richard on 19 May, 2024, 04:00:00 PMThat's a fair point, but it would be a bit of a cop-out. Everyone gets older in real life, and just saying that Dredd is a young man again because you can do anything you like in science fiction feels like ignoring reality, and fiction usually needs to have some grounding in reality to be believable. (Also why would that make him less grumpy? He would still be the same person with the same memories and experience.)

I long ago realised I'm in the minority here, because I wouldn't hesitate in placing Dredd's age front and centre over the next few years. He's, what? Late 70s? Early 80s now?

Rejuve be damned. Kill him off, let him take the long walk properly, whatever. But I'd move him offscreen and have Rico take over on a permanent basis. He's still a Dredd, and I may be misremembering an interview or three, but isn't that why Wagner created him in the first place? As a sort of trapdoor, when/if Joe became too old to realistically carry on?