Main Menu

That Twitter thread… You know the one

Started by broodblik, 21 November, 2020, 07:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Not sure if this is the right spot to put this but here go from Pat's twitter feed:

Q: When's the Joe Pineapple stuff coming out?

A: Good question. Clint's art ETA originally Oct, we're now in November - so let's assume December. Then I have to write the finale eps which Clint has to draw.  Add on six months, maybe. So I'd guestimate next Summer

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Plus if we will get a new ABC Warriors story:

Joe Pineapples saga will be my last one, then no more ABCs because it's not viable for me to write anymore. For reasons most readers know. And no hungry hack will be allowed to take over my characters.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Leigh S

Is the loooong awaited Bisley one, passed to Langley?

The Monarch

rogue69

QuoteIs the loooong awaited Bisley one, passed to Langley?

According to Pat Mills on Twitter Simon Bisley has done the first 2 episodes and Clint Langley will be finishing off the rest

Batman's Superior Cousin

Is the next Slaine story its final one or not?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

broodblik

IndigoPrime

He's really burning those bridges, isn't he? Quite something to repeatedly attack and accuse  the company that's been buying his output. It's not like Mills has been working for a range of publishers. (His video game tweets were quite something too, praising EA vs Rebellion. I suspect devs on enforced crunch would have something to say about that.)

The Monarch

pat mills praised the lootbox infested ea? wow I am losing less respect for him with each passing day :'(

broodblik

I think he praised them for how they treat their workers. "Apparently" all UK companies are slave drivers.

IndigoPrime

https://twitter.com/PatMillsComics/status/1330177411779063818

QuoteRight - I've worked for other games co's as a consultant (EA Games in Washington) and found the vibe totally relaxed, generous and friendly. No 'Get on with your work,' shit I witnessed at Rebellion on a visit there. Thatcher has much to answer for in shaping a generation.

JayzusB.Christ

Calling fellow writers 'hungry hacks' seems incredibly spiteful.  During the heyday of Sláine, Nemesis and the ABCs, Mills was among the absolute best, but his hits since then have been few and far between.  Take your football and storm off home if you want, Pat, but don't insult your co-workers in the process.  And co-workers they are - he hasn't actually been the boss for a very long time.

John Wagner has remained at his A-game up to the present, and is more than happy to let other decent writers have a shot at his characters. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

GordonR

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 November, 2020, 09:10:15 AM
He's really burning those bridges, isn't he? Quite something to repeatedly attack and accuse  the company that's been buying his output. It's not like Mills has been working for a range of publishers. (His video game tweets were quite something too, praising EA vs Rebellion. I suspect devs on enforced crunch would have something to say about that.)

The EA thing was just.....bizarre.  "They get free cookies, amazing coffees and a play room with toys!"

Yes, these patronising millennial work-place tactics really make up for long hours, no overtime pay and generally terrible employment practices.  And this from the alleged Mr Creator Rights.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: GordonR on 22 November, 2020, 03:09:49 PM
Yes, these patronising millennial work-place tactics really make up for long hours, no overtime and generally terrible employment practices.  And this from the alleged Mr Creator Rights.

It often seems that the ''creator rights' he keeps banging on about refer specifically to himself.  I seem to remember him having a bit of a tantrum about you doing a Satanus story, which was was enjoyable and in no way compromised his own continuity of the character's world.  Which, let's face it, is also Dredd's world.

Rico, Bob Booth, Judge Solomon et al have been used extensively by John Wagner, but the dinosaur's off limits.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

GordonR

Yes, when Pat bangs on about creator rights, what he really means is Pat's Rights.  If you think any different, then you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, or the creative collaborators he's stomped on over the years.

As an example, I'll ask the question I've still never got a satisfactory answer to: where's my late friend Martin Emond's credit on the Accident Man movie?  He was the artist who designed and drew the character in Toxic (this is normally called 'co-creator' among people who are interested in comic creator rights) and yet the only creator credits on the movie are for Pat Mills & co-writer Tony Skinner.  Drew it all themselves, did they?