Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Dandontdare

Dandontdare

SpaceSpinner2000

2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

JayzusB.Christ

And now it's stuck in my head as well.  Fuck you too, DDD :)

Re the Megazine podcast - As far as I remember, Judge Karyn appeared before in a Dredd story or two, the first being Raptaur if memory serves me right (which it generally doesn't).  Gordon Rennie told us on the board once that she was based on Dean Ormston's then-girlfriend, who, according to Grennie, was something of an eye-magnet when she turned up at comic cons.

Anyway, the latest two podcasts helped enormously to get me through a very boring job yesterday - I'm supposed to be a mural painter but somehow agreed to paint a concrete floor black.  Reminiscing about the progs and Megs of 28 years ago made it much more tolerable.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

I used to have that particular Rosemary Clooney song as my wake-up ring-tone for some time.  At other times I've had the Danger Mouse theme song and currently have Sinister Ducks.

sheridan

As an aside, Rosemary Clooney was mother to Miguel Ferrer (RoboCop, Twin Peaks) and aunt to George Clooney.

Fellow forum member Rackle probably has a better memory of some of the ring tones I've had in the last decade, as they were subjected to them as well :)

Leigh S

Where for arte though Space Spinner?  Miss my Monday fix! Just as we get to the slow and steady incline in quality....

AlexF

Is it though? While I don't think there are any Prog stretches with NO good stories in, there are a couple of runs in the 900s coming up with some real bad patches...

...and I can't wait to hear Fox 'n Conrad bitch and moan their way through them  - while also, I trust, finding some more diamonds in there. Mambo 2's a good 'un! Harlem Heroes 2 is ripe for some chuckles, too.

Leigh S

If not steady, defintiely trending upwards

Wagner back on Dredd (mostly?) is a 20% jump - heck - more than that, as the strip has gone from actively punching me in the face to being a delight.

Hogan on Dogs may be drawn out, but its point the Oil Tanker in the right direction...

Steve McManus & John Tomlinson replace McKenzie in a few months, Sinister Dexter is not more than a year away? 

Quote from: AlexF on 07 March, 2023, 04:28:42 PMIs it though? While I don't think there are any Prog stretches with NO good stories in, there are a couple of runs in the 900s coming up with some real bad patches...

...and I can't wait to hear Fox 'n Conrad bitch and moan their way through them  - while also, I trust, finding some more diamonds in there. Mambo 2's a good 'un! Harlem Heroes 2 is ripe for some chuckles, too.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our mega fourty-third episode we continue our patrol through the world of Judge Dredd with the 1994 Judge Dredd Mega-Special. This episode features six stories by upcoming and established authors and artists, that you the reader could vote on! (Using a pay number in the mid 90s)

This episode Conrad is joined by Tony Esmond of The Awesome Comics Podcast and Never Iron Anything! Excellent shows about cool indie comics, check it out!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

JayzusB.Christ

Nice one! Looking forward to this.

Quite an enjoyable special as far as I remember, but the whole phone-in thing seemed an incredibly cynical exercise in money-making, bordering on a scam in fact.

The one that won, as far as I remember, has yet to get the Megazine series that was the only reason for calling the number.  I know the characters were featured in one of the Virgin novels and some of the Armitage strips, but again that's not what we were promised.

Anyway, rant over, I'll get stuck into the podcast as soon as possible.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Grumbles about the phone poll aside, I really enjoyed the episode, thanks , guys.

Personally, I remember really liking Culling Crew at the time, though u was never a massive fan of Steve Sampson's art either.  I must revisit this special.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and ninety-eighth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 904-907 of 2000AD, covering September 1994. This time we've got a whole new slate of thrills, with new adventures for Big Dave, Robo-Hunter, and ABC Warriors, the Button Man returns, and we'll start the long awaited Judge Dredd crossover event Wilderlands!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Colin YNWA

Magnificent to have you back... or so I though until you reference yourselves as EFC very early doors. Everton, the biters I'm shocked!