Main Menu

Nort Forum Gathering

Started by Beeks, 18 February, 2011, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Cool - so how many have we got - Kehaar, Beeks and me seem definite, surely we can tempt a few more out of the Northern woodwork? Them London poofs had about a dozen!

Sorry to hear the missus isn't well Mogzilla. Maybe a day of rest without you under the feet all weekend would do her a power of good .... :)

COMMANDO FORCES

A dozen, how dare you DDD, we had 14 at the last one and one was female!
We know how to sort a gathering out down here  ;)

Albion

I will be in Manchester for the King's X gig on Saturday but I don't know what time yet. I've written down the suggested pubs and if our paths cross I'll say hello and maybe hang around for a bit, depends on what my mate wants to do too and how our day goes.
It would be good to attend Nort and Souther gatherings.

If you see someone wearing a King's X hoodie with a 2000AD badge on it, thats me.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

mogzilla

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 April, 2011, 06:10:52 PM
Cool - so how many have we got - Kehaar, Beeks and me seem definite, surely we can tempt a few more out of the Northern woodwork? Them London poofs had about a dozen!

Sorry to hear the missus isn't well Mogzilla. Maybe a day of rest without you under the feet all weekend would do her a power of good .... :)

sure it would but i'd have a five year old in tow and shed drink you all under the table..ah well, next time! i am planning on the manc expo thingy in summer so maybe then eh?

Beeks

Is there seriously only three of us confirmed?!?

Surely there are more northerners than that who can meet on Saturday?!?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Richmond Clements

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 April, 2011, 08:08:08 PM
A dozen, how dare you DDD, we had 14 at the last one and one was female!
We know how to sort a gathering out down here  ;)

Pffft- we had hundreds at the last one we put together...

Dandontdare

I've PM'd a few boarders who I know are from the NW - Krombasher says he'll probably be coming - hooray!

Any more?

Proudhuff

satchmo's NE, does that count?
DDT did a job on me

Hoagy

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 April, 2011, 06:27:31 PM
I've PM'd a few boarders who I know are from the NW - Krombasher says he'll probably be coming - hooray!

Any more?

Yes I'm in the vicinity on Saturday a bus from Chorlton into town for 1 will be fun! Been wanting to go shopping for a while an d look forward to meeting people.

NE are evil. My witchdoctor tells me so.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Beeks

Ok so we have 4 of us now...ah well...enough to cause trouble anyway...and i'm sure in a straight fight we could take the 12/14 southern shandy division members with our eyes closed so it's all good  ;)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

stacey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 April, 2011, 11:19:16 AM

Thing is I'm sure he'll agree - getting to Manchester from Newcastle is a total bitch

Proudhuff

Quote from: stacey on 08 April, 2011, 11:56:08 AM

Thing is I'm sure he'll agree - getting to Manchester from Newcastle is a total bitch

There's a reason for that  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 April, 2011, 01:55:26 PM
Quote from: stacey on 08 April, 2011, 11:56:08 AM

There's a reason for that  ;)

Yes there is - them Geordies etc are almost Scottish, so the road and rail system is designed to encourage them Northwards, to drink and rut with their peers, rather than South and West, safely away from decent folk (though I'd make an exception for Stacey if she wanted to come)!  :D

If this gorgeous weather continues, we may have to add the roof-garden @ Space bar to our pub crawl!

Kehaar

Quote from: Beeks on 08 April, 2011, 10:50:52 AM
Ok so we have 4 of us now...ah well...enough to cause trouble anyway...and i'm sure in a straight fight we could take the 12/14 southern shandy division members with our eyes closed so it's all good  ;)

But I'm a peace loving hippy....
All the best, Kehaar

http://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com - mosaic novel, war-game & RPG material

http://alfiesantics....ress.com/about/ - RPG of Free Liverpool Secret Agents in a Very British Civil War

Dissecting worlds the social science in SF & Fantasy podcast @ www.geeksyndicate.co.uk

Beeks

Quote from: Kehaar on 08 April, 2011, 04:13:50 PM
Quote from: Beeks on 08 April, 2011, 10:50:52 AM

But I'm a peace loving hippy....

Can we not turn you into a revolutionary hippy from the 60s?