Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

Thanks again, I did skip to Gregory's bit ;)

Very interesting, well worth the listen. One point got my attention more than anything. Swap out faceplates, what if they could do one in Ezquerra style, or Ron Smith....Jock, the mind boggles at the possibilities.

I dunno if it's a serious idea or just a whimsical 'what if' but I'd love to have clearly identifiable artists on each variant. (if they do variants.....) If variants are not on the cards as much swappable kit as possible would be next best thing.

Imagine an accessory pack with items to change up the base figure. McMahon Eagle, Carlos MK2 and badge, Massive Jock Nightstick + faceplates to match. I'm dreaming I know but how good would that be.

Pic is Sideshow Galactus, came with a swapout faceplate and 2 options for the Herald. Its a great way to change your display quickly and easily.

Hope your goodies get to you Mardroid, stressful enough moving without worrying someone else gets your toys :)

Dash Decent

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 August, 2016, 01:54:08 AM
I have well over a grands worth of Dredd stuff somewhere else  :lol:
I think that means part of the 3A factory is technically the Cellar. 

Watch out if a bloke named Julian asks to camp there to avoid extradition treaties.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

jflynn

Anyone spot this auction?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162150737143

I've been looking for the Black and White Gronk an Fish set since they were released and was over the moon yesterday when I saw this auction...

Mailed the seller who maintains they are the colour versions and he picked them up at sdcc which seems odd given the photo of the shipping box and the description...

Any thoughts guys? Am I right that this looks like the B&W bambaland versions??

Albion

Neither versions were actually black and white. One was weathered and one was clean.
The box says "Comic Version" so I think they are the SDCC ones.

Here's the SDCC set

Here's the weathered

I got the images from Google (the weathered one is from forum member TheTooN I think) but I do have the weathered versions, purchased from Bambaland.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Albion

Oops, having said that 3A site has details of black and white so were there three versions?
Looks like the eBay auction is the SDCC one though.

http://www.worldofthreea.com/catalog/2000ad/gronk-comic-edition
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's a link to my instagram picture, where I have all 3 Gronks on show. GRONK X 3

TheTooN

2 versions from Bamba one from SDCC afaik. Bamba's were weathered or black and white comic book style like they did with Death and Dredd. SDCC was the super clean looking set.

It is my pic above (ta for the shout Albion) Bamba weathered set but notice the box on the left says SDCC. Confusing to say the least.

The auction has a shipper which says 'comic version' which would point towards the b/w set which was a Bamba exclusive not SDCC. His inner box says SDCC but so did mine which isnt.

Original price on these was $75 so $200 for an SDCC set doesnt sound too far fetched provided it is actually the right set in there. Shouldnt be a problem for him to to take a pic and message it to you if he's serious about selling it.

Good luck with it jflynn

moly

Has anyone ordered through animegami ? Are they good for pre ordering

Thank you

TheTooN

Animegami's a new name to me, anything specific your wanting to order ?

Update from Gregory on the 3A Forum in response to SDCC thrillcast question.

"Accessory pack not happening anytime soon. Just the black suited variant for now.

Yes, the face design was made with the intention of being able to do other variants - specifically artist specific styles. Again that's all dependent on how this version does. Molcher brought it up in the podcast, that Ash and I do emphasize publicly that if the support isn't there, then it makes things that much more difficult to do everything we want to accomplish. We can get as crazy as we want, as long as we're able to cover costs. So if pre-orders don't happen or there's a noticeable lack of interest, things have to get reassessed. Right now focus is on letting the good times roll ahead.

Artist specific variants would almost strictly be the face swap only. I was so meticulous and irritating on the current helmet design that our engineer (true f*****g hero on this line) might implode and murder me if I ask for another version of it. So the face switch is what will be altered the most on later variants. Maaybe an eagle will change, but that's all much further into the future.

We went very heavy Bolland on this version with a garnish of Staples mixed in. The eagle is ripped straight from Bolland's art. Helmet is based more so on Staples' art and my personal copy of the Planet Replicas helmet. We curved the sides out a bit more to give it a Bolland like feel."

I dunno about anyone else but hearing there is even a possibility of future 'artist specific' faces for 1/6th Dredd has me very excited.

drsmuts

Long term 2000ad reader but newbie to the board (first memories are Robo Hunter at a football World Cup with android versions of Saint and Greavsie, Reading the 1981 Dredd annual again and again and the thrill of the cover of the 82? 83? with Dredd in front of all his foes).

Got my Judge Death figure through the post the other day (especially when it came with my Mezco Dredd in that fantastic big box). The figure looks great, but I must admit that the blister style card packaging was a bit of a disappointment. Bolland's art looks great but I plan on keeping it mint until the rest of the gang arrive.

I missed the pre-order slot on Mortis and Fear, hopefully I will be able to pick them up from other vendors when they arrive?

moly

Animegame have all the 3a line available to pre order bit pricey but free delivery from the uk

TheTooN

Prices do seem high there moly. I paid £60 for regular Judge Death from Comics N Toys Kidderminster.

I've PM'd the owner on Facebook to ask if he has Mortis and Fear coming in. Let you know when he replies drsmuts and welcome to the board.

drsmuts

Thanks! I paid £59.99 for Death as well. I must admit I did think it was very pricey for what it was, but realise these are low run items.

moly

Cheers for checking them thetoons, the prices are high but would only order pre order stuff I've missed out on

moly

Does anyone know anywhere preferably uk where Dredd and law master is available to order ?