Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: SIP on 06 October, 2016, 05:24:58 PM
I like it and I'll be first in the queue to buy it.......but it isn't the Carlos ezquerra John alpha that I was really hoping for

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 06 October, 2016, 06:47:10 PM
Not sure about Johnny Alpha's face.

I agree, the face isn't quite there yet.  It is still a prototype however so hopefully they're still working on it, just like they did/are with the 1/12th Popeye Dredd.  It'd be interesting to see him with his barnet on to see if it enhances the Ezquerra-ness any.

Apart from that, it's looking the bees knees.  Great to see the electronux and everything included.  I assume the silver thing at his feet is a time trap?

The third gun intrigues me.  A spare, or something to go in his rear holster?  The Westinghouse looks too big to go into it, and I wonder if it would overbalance the figure.

[PS Has the timeframe on the Modify option been extended?]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Further thought: I imagine the top of Alpha's head will have some kind of joining system for attaching the helmet or hair, but wouldn't it be great if it was just a bald head?  Then you'd also have the option of displaying Alpha as he was in that story where they lost all their hair!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

ming

Alpha looks great so far - I'd tone down the shiny helmet and pads a touch though but that's just a minor niggle on what looks likely to be a fantastic take on the character.

You've gotta love 3A's attention to detail - one of the nicest touches was the inclusion of different kinds of ammo in the Mk2 Lawgiver clip...  Wonderfully geeky over-the-top-ness there.

Mikey

Good spot there Ming!

Yeah, Johnny's looking great so far. I agree the face sculpt isn't quite Ezquerra brought to life, but that's a very minor niggle about what is after all a prototype. The kit looks fantastic already! I'm hoping they give him GID eyes and he's part of a two pack with a certain Mr Sternhammer - bit much to hope for I expect, but we can dream...

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Steve Green

Quote from: ming on 07 October, 2016, 08:24:00 AM
Alpha looks great so far - I'd tone down the shiny helmet and pads a touch though but that's just a minor niggle on what looks likely to be a fantastic take on the character.

You've gotta love 3A's attention to detail - one of the nicest touches was the inclusion of different kinds of ammo in the Mk2 Lawgiver clip...  Wonderfully geeky over-the-top-ness there.

*cough* that's exactly the same as what we did for Minty, and Dan did for the PR Lawgiver.

Steve Green

dweezil2

Ooooh!

When will the hero MKII and Stunt MK II be out??!!!!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

They're just the two props from Minty.

One for normal use, and one for the close up when he's cleaning it.

Steve came up with the look for the clip and how big the rounds were, with the marked shells with bands - although Ron Smith had colour coded rounds way back.

Dan then sold licensed versions with a removable clip via Planet Replicas.

He has a stack of things previewed (Carlos LG, Rogue Helmet, as well as the Stront helmet, Westinghouse, Electronux) just a matter of finding the time to fit these things in which are pretty niche, compared to the stuff that's more profitable.

dweezil2

Cool Steve! Thanks for the info!

Hope some of those things make it to market!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

TheTooN

moly

Wasn't that desperate for alpha but without the helmet god yes

Dash Decent

Yes, looks much more like Alpha in that top shot with hair.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Atreides

Looks fantastic! Just hope they release dredd before this one goes on pre-order. Want to see if the articulation become better.
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

moly

They really do need to start shipping pre ordered stuff soon it's getting a bit silly how much stuff everyone is waiting for

Dash Decent

Quote from: ming on 07 October, 2016, 08:24:00 AM

I knew the Lawrod and Mk2 had removable ammo clips, but according to the listing on Forbidden Planet, the Mk1 Lawgiver also has a removable magazine.  Cool bananas!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll