Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 11 May, 2021, 02:35:27 PM
I think it is Alex Ronald

My first thought was Neil Roberts — Alex's Dredd is a little more... MacNeil-y as a rule.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 May, 2021, 03:36:38 PM

My first thought was Neil Roberts — Alex's Dredd is a little more... MacNeil-y as a rule.

Roberts to my eye too.

Some further info on the special via ComicHub:

2000 AD Scfi Special 2021 Oneshot
This year's 2000 AD summer special is a Dreddworld issue, featuring a series of interlinked stories starring a host of characters - Judge Dredd meets up with Cursed Earth Koburn in 'Biohazard: by Mike Carroll and Ben Willsher, while over in Oz Chopper is a wanted man in 'Dreamgazer' by David Baillie and Tom Foster, and Armitage seeks out Devlin Waugh in Brit-Cit in 'Natural Fern Killer' by Liam Johnson and Robin Smith. Plus Anderson deals with a paranormal threat, scripted by Maura McHugh, and Hondo-Cit Judge Inaba has trouble on her turf, scripted by Karl Stock!

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 May, 2021, 03:36:38 PM

My first thought was Neil Roberts — Alex's Dredd is a little more... MacNeil-y as a rule.

Yip I agree it looks more like Neil Roberts
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Corinthian

Not quite as disconcerting as Devlin without John Smith but still disconcerting... Armitage without Dave Stone.

Richard

We've already seen Armitage by Michael Carroll.

Surely he should have retired by now though? He was already an old man when we first met him. (Armitage, not Carroll.)

Richard

Forgot to say: that cover looks great!

The Corinthian

Quote from: Richard on 11 May, 2021, 05:49:32 PM
We've already seen Armitage by Michael Carroll.

But as a guest character in Dredd rather than in a strip of his own.

Richard

Does that make a difference? It either feels authentically like the same character or it doesn't.

davidbishop

Would love to have a crack at writing an Armitage strip one day!

Richard

No offence David, but wouldn't you rather write an Armitage novel? Your books seem to be better received than your comic strip writing...

davidbishop

I don't own Armitage, so am not in a rush to write a novel featuring the character. But having co-created Armitage, it would be fun to write a strip for him. Plus it would be nice to show I can write comics, having improved my skills writing nearly 50 issues of The Phantom for Egmont Scandinavia!

Rogue Judge

(Hi David, and more Fiends of the Eastern Front comics and novels when you have time, thanks!)

broodblik

David I loved your Fiends story in the meg
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

davidbishop

Wish I'd gotten to write my Fiends on a U-boat tale but Ian E & friends are doing wonderful work with the legacy of GFD & Carlos.

Richard

I'd forgotten about Fiends. I was thinking of Soul Sisters and Space Girls.