Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

No hassle... the only thing is, we still have a wicker arm to fill, and animals aren't enough to appease the gods.
(For the record, most of us aren't actually pagans, but just love a good spectacle and party.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Have you considered a box of sweets? I mean, do the gods really want raw meat?
OK – Abel's offering was accepted instead of Cain's vegetarian option, but it wasn't like there was an extensive menu.
And did the Feathered Serpent ask for all those human hearts? Would he not have been happier with – I don't know – a choc ice?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

There's only a handful of situations where I would choose a dripping and bloody human heart over a nice box of sweets tbh, so you might be onto something there.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Barrington Boots

Sweets should be Love Hearts, obviously.

JohnW

If Tengri, Lord of the Blue Sky, came to you in a vision and demanded that you subjugate all the people of the steppe and build a pyramid of skulls in His name, I doubt if He'd be fobbed off with such cheap confectionery as a Love Heart.
Pick'n'Mix is the very least that would appease Him, I think.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

In fairness, a god of blue sky would have some nerve expecting any kind of gift the way the weather has been here lately.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Barrington Boots

What about a pyramid of white chocolate skulls for old Tengri?

JohnW

A voice spake from the thunder and asked if I was finishing those crisps.

Funt Solo

Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Jammie Dodgers.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Destroyer of Twirls, surely?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Vector14 on 22 March, 2024, 04:45:16 PMAre there any other characters that don't age (or get younger) in Dredd? Hershey was allowed to age. PJ Maybe didn't stay a kid forever.

Captain Kidd from Robo-Hunter got radically younger while Sam only got significantly younger, does that count?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 May, 2024, 06:11:20 PMDestroyer of Twirls, surely?

Feel free to argue with them if you want, but they have no appreciation of puns - just Jammie Dodgers.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Ancient Death stands in a draught
His black-flamed candle flickers
As beneath his threadbare midnight robes
He hides a crafty Snickers

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]