Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

I haven't seen arms that long since I last read something illustrated by Alan Davis.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in April:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! New stories start this month - there's more deep-space alien weirdness in Proteus Vex: Devious; Bridget Kurtis investigates cult murders in Brink: Consumed; and Aquila wages war in the underworld in The Rivers of Hades. Plus Judge Dredd encounters horror in the dark in "Iron Teeth"!

broodblik

coming to the meg in April:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The lawman battles a maniac droid in "Escalation"; the Harrower Squad fight for their lives; Devlin Waugh seeks a new home; DeMarco's case continues in "No Smoke"; and Brit-Cit detective Armitage is back in "Bullets For an Old Man." Plus interviews, features and much more!

Proudhuff

I'm thnking I could Cosplay Armitage!!  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

GordonR

Quote from: Proudhuff on 26 January, 2024, 10:02:01 AMI'm thnking I could Cosplay Armitage!!  :lol:

What age is Armitage?  I mean, he first appeared in 1991, and he was grizzled enough back then. He must be.....in his 80s now?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GordonR on 26 January, 2024, 10:09:37 AMWhat age is Armitage?  I mean, he first appeared in 1991, and he was grizzled enough back then. He must be.....in his 80s now?

I always thought there was more than a whiff of Sweeney-era John Thaw about Armitage, and Thaw was only 32 (!) at the start of The Sweeney's run.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

GordonR

I think Thaw-as-Morse was cited as a specific influence on the strip, and Morse was huge on TV at that time.  Thaw was about fifty at this point.

Richard

In Flashback, Armitage is in his 20s in or around the year 2080, which in 2146 would make him in his 80s or possibly 90s.

Proudhuff

I've always wondered what his accent would be, gruff obviously, but is he a Mancunian?
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

So far I have not seen or even heard a mention of any regen progs this year.

Tomwe

Quote from: broodblik on 26 January, 2024, 12:05:17 PMSo far I have not seen or even heard a mention of any regen progs this year.
The first one last year was at the end of March. Have we seen solicits beyond that point then?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GordonR on 26 January, 2024, 10:40:27 AMI think Thaw-as-Morse was cited as a specific influence on the strip, and Morse was huge on TV at that time.  Thaw was about fifty at this point.

I remember that... but Armitage always seemed a bit more likely to give someone a smack in the gob than a direct Morse-analogue would, hence leaning more towards Regan in my head! :)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.