Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

milstar

Digressing from the thread, if I ever thought that England (and solely) England could sway the World and European championship in recent years, that would be (well, not exactly recently) circa mid to late 2000s. Gerrard (and his wife sunbathing in France - thanks DM), Lampard, Terry, Rooney, Crouch, Owen, Beckham... Those were superstars of the sport.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Link Prime

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: milstar on 15 July, 2021, 05:43:06 PM
Digressing from the thread, if I ever thought that England (and solely) England could sway the World and European championship in recent years, that would be (well, not exactly recently) circa mid to late 2000s. Gerrard (and his wife sunbathing in France - thanks DM), Lampard, Terry, Rooney, Crouch, Owen, Beckham... Those were superstars of the sport.

You, much like the coaches at the time, forgot about Paul Scholes. Which is why they won fuck all.
You may quote me on that.

Barrington Boots

I had two cans of beer explode in the heat yesterday. Stupid 2020 2021!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Woolly

Can we please make this a reality, somehow?
Surely someone on here knows either Bolland or Gibbons?  :)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Woolly on 03 August, 2021, 11:28:47 AM
Can we please make this a reality, somehow?
Surely someone on here knows either Bolland or Gibbons?  :)

Is that the latest Viz?  I went looking for it in vain today.  But yes.  Make this happen.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I'd never really questioned the basic goodness of humanity until I heard a chainsaw screeching away from a nearby farm at 02:32 on a Friday morning.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 06 August, 2021, 10:57:57 AM

I'd never really questioned the basic goodness of humanity until I heard a chainsaw screeching away from a nearby farm at 02:32 on a Friday morning.

Yikes, Sharky! I do hope that you're not writing that from Texas?  ;)

milstar

Leatherface is waitin' for ya.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 06 August, 2021, 10:57:57 AM

Oh, man, that's brutal.  I have a new neighbour, an elderly guy who moored his massive, filthy steel barge not far from me and double-moored a cruiser to block most of the canal, and uses a generator till the small hours of the night.  I'm hanging on for him to get solar, which I believe he is planning to do (not for anyone else's comfort, you understand, but because it'll make his own life easier).  I have to believe it or I'll crack up.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Well, it sounded like a chainsaw - and I didn't hear any screaming.

If you were to fire up something similar in the wee smalls, maybe your neighbour would quietly move away (especially if you added some recordings of distressed animals)...

That's a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, of course. Are there other folk being similarly annoyed? Maybe you could ask him to shut off his genny between, say, 23:30hrs and 07:30hrs or something like that? If he refuses, then you can look into purchasing a couple of torpedoes. :-D
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 August, 2021, 02:29:50 PM

Well, it sounded like a chainsaw - and I didn't hear any screaming.

If you were to fire up something similar in the wee smalls, maybe your neighbour would quietly move away (especially if you added some recordings of distressed animals)...

That's a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, of course. Are there other folk being similarly annoyed?

I believe so; though shutting off the genny would mean no electricity for him at all.  Waterways by-laws say that he can't run a genny after 9 anyway, but that's largely ignored where I am. 
The thing is, it's not particularly loud where I'm situated, but I just hate noise.  I really used to enjoy sitting on the deck watching the quiet sunsets, and I don't do it any more.

The Legendary Shark

That sucks :(

Shame to waste the sunsets, though - maybe throw some nice music into your earbuds, a bit of Elgar or Holst or Meatloaf might do the trick!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I go for white noise podcasts generally. Storms, seas, that kind of thing