Main Menu

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Started by Richmond Clements, 29 August, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

I couldn't see a thread for this, if there is one throw up a link and I'll merge them.

In the meantime, Ultron has been cast, and it's not at all an actor I would have suspected... a good choice though.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38586

Goaty

There was some info about it in Marvel Thread, and yeah it good to start new separate thread for Avenger 2.

OOh Daniel Jackson as evil big bad!

radiator

Interesting - I heard a rumour that MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILER 'Ultron' in this film is actually [spoiler]an evil version of 'Jarvis' from the Iron Man films, so there was speculation he would be played by Paul Bettany.[/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

Quote from: radiator on 29 August, 2013, 05:17:04 PM
Interesting - I heard a rumour that MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILER 'Ultron' in this film is actually [spoiler]an evil version of 'Jarvis' from the Iron Man films, so there was speculation he would be played by Paul Bettany.[/spoiler]

I'd read that too - but this seems to have knocked that on the head... but who knows.

Goaty

Interesting...

and they don't want one plot [spoiler]that Ultron was created by Henry "Ant-Man" Pym...[/spoiler]

Frank

dracula1

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 29 August, 2013, 05:18:31 PM
Quote from: radiator on 29 August, 2013, 05:17:04 PM

I'd read that too - but this seems to have knocked that on the head... but who knows.

I think it still might be the case and it's hinted at in early animatics for Avengers.

Goaty

Here's something confusing... Joss Whedon says Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will appears in Avengers 2, different actors to the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in new X-Men film...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Goaty on 29 August, 2013, 08:53:35 PM

Here's something confusing... Joss Whedon says Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will appears in Avengers 2, different actors to the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in new X-Men film...

Different film companies. Whedon announced he was using the characters and a day or two later, Fox suddenly revealed they were in X-Men...

Greg M.

Apparently the X-Men movie features only Quicksilver (we've seen his mailbox!), whilst the Avengers one has both twins. I have my doubts Quicksilver's role in the X-Men movie will be particularly substantial, whilst the two can't be referred to as 'mutants' in the Avengers. Given Quicksilver's ties to the Inhumans, and given that Marvel are in the process of doing a massive push on said concept in the comics (to give themselves a variation on the mutant theme that they can stick in their movies?) I wonder if that's the direction they'll go in.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Greg M. on 29 August, 2013, 09:03:21 PM
whilst the two can't be referred to as 'mutants' in the Avengers.

How so?

Goaty

I do reallllly wonder if Avenger, and Avenger 2 films is based on avengers comics or The Ultimates?

Greg M.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 August, 2013, 09:58:52 PM

How so?

Fox has the film rights to not only all the X-Men characters, but to the very concept of 'mutants' in the Marvel sense of the word. There are, however, some 'dual rights' oddities whereby either Fox or Marvel or both can use certain Marvel concepts or characters - Quicksilver is one of them, being very much an Avengers character, but having made his first appearances in X-Men. Oddly, the Skrulls (and possibly the Kree) are in a similar position, not through connections to the X-Men but via the Fantastic Four.

JamesC

Quote from: Greg M. on 30 August, 2013, 06:26:24 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 August, 2013, 09:58:52 PM

How so?

Fox has the film rights to not only all the X-Men characters, but to the very concept of 'mutants' in the Marvel sense of the word. There are, however, some 'dual rights' oddities whereby either Fox or Marvel or both can use certain Marvel concepts or characters - Quicksilver is one of them, being very much an Avengers character, but having made his first appearances in X-Men. Oddly, the Skrulls (and possibly the Kree) are in a similar position, not through connections to the X-Men but via the Fantastic Four.

So are all these rules of who can use who supposedly all drawn up somewhere or do operate under some kind of 'fair use' policy.
She Hulk, for example, could be used as a member of the FF although she is very clearly a spin off from Bruce Banner's Hulk.