Main Menu

New Mad Max Game

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 01 September, 2015, 04:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Bloody hell, Flint.

Mods, please nuke this thread from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. And just when I was learning new things too...

Skullmo

I think that is disgusting that these constant attacks on TS by the same small group of members, including those employed by and closely associated with Rebellion, are allowed to continue in this forum and Rebellion should step in and do something as it reflects very badly on them. Bullying, and it is bullying, is just vile.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Richmond Clements

Dunk!

Hah, so not with it this morning I went back through the thread looking for posts by one Dim Dumbbell.

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Skullmo

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 October, 2015, 08:35:30 AM
Aw bless.

Well, If 2000AD are going to support bullying on this forum and its moderators are going to deliver such insulting responses I will not be renewing my subscription to 2000AD.

I think the whole situation is disgusting.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Goaty

Aw chill out, 2000AD forum is one of the greatest and friendly forums I ever been on and I am Deaf! :)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Skullmo on 30 October, 2015, 09:54:48 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 October, 2015, 08:35:30 AM
Aw bless.

Well, If 2000AD are going to support bullying on this forum and its moderators are going to deliver such insulting responses I will not be renewing my subscription to 2000AD.

I think the whole situation is disgusting.

That was to Flint's charming post, not you.

TordelBack

TS is a genuine fan of 2000AD (or one of its stories anyway, can't remember which one...) and a very long-standing and valued member of this forum, and is quite able to stand up for himself. I enjoy much of what the man writes, sharing many of his interests, but some if it worries the crap out of me - as I and others are not slow to point out.

Like many here TS is quite open about having mental health issues, and does get into numerous scrapes which are (I'm sorry) often very funny.  I see the argument that laughing with TS is 'enabling' of potentially destructive behaviour, but I'd prefer to think that, like me, he derives an important measure of community and support from his online interactions here. As a forum we have frequently told him when his behaviour is unacceptable or dangerous - and he's not alone in that - and that has to be positive.

I'd hate to think that there was no place here for a man who can't find his Slaine beanie on any given day, any more than the guy who has a toy museum in his basement, the guy who catalogues letters, the guy who named his kids after horror stars, all the people who spend years if their lives on fanzines and fan movies, the fellow who writes page after page defending The Phantom Menace, the guy who breaks out in a sweat when he sees a crossbar 'I' - or any of us whose posts articulate struggles with homelessness, depression, autism, career implosion, and far far worse.

And most of all I'd hate to think we couldn't all laugh at each other. Like any group of mates, real or imagined.

JamesC

Keef Monkey

Hope my couple of comments weren't construed as bullying, wasn't my intention to be mean (I like to think I'd be the last person to make light of someone's mental troubles, god knows it's never been plain sailing in my own brain pan).

Not knowing the ins and outs of TS' situation I can sometimes still be a bit surprised at the content is all, so some of it does get a reaction. Like Tordelback says, I don't think TS comes here to be ignored and this particular episode doesn't appear to have upset him. Apologies if anything I said did though.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

IndigoPrime

From the other side of the fence, I've moderated forums since the 1990s. With one exception, this forum has the lightest-touch moderation I have ever seen, despite having certain members who are frequently hostile to those doing that job. Note that this is done entirely in there free time and often involves quite tedious management work, fixing errors and helping users when requests are made regarding broken posts and errors.

It's also notable that whereas most forums operate a pretty strict policy regarding membership/banning, it takes an awful lot here for the latter of those things to happen, regardless of what people are posting. I wish people would remember that more often before trying as fast as possible to get their knickers in a twist.

Molch-R