Main Menu

Rugby WC

Started by maryanddavid, 28 September, 2015, 11:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

What time is the England Match.....
You may quote me on that.

Mikey

Ah fer fuck sake again! Scotland deserved to win that!

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

maryanddavid

Can have no complaints of that, Argentina look good, Ireland left too much in the France game.
Scotland was robbed though, that sinbinning very dodgy.

shaolin_monkey

Not just the sinbinning!  The ref's decision towards the end of the game could have swung it for Scotland too.  Shame about wee Greig's missed kick and all.

Still, stellar performance - totally unexpected.  I'm going to see Wales/Scotland in the Millennium Stadium next year - after that game, I'm really looking forward to it!

Richmond Clements

I still don't understand how to activate a Multiball..

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 October, 2015, 10:50:43 PM
I still don't understand how to activate a Multiball..

Hmmmmm. If only Rugby had a word for nonsquaxx.

Bat King

I'm just throwing this back up here cos I can!

I got the cllosest a Brit got to it!!!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Karl Stephan

;)

Bat King

Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Karl Stephan

That was taken in early 1996 after South Africa won it for the first time. Pity we won't be taking it home this year.

Mikey

So what did ye reckon to the semi finals then? I really, really enjoyed the New Zealand-South Africa game. Beforehand I had tipped SA to squeak past and after that shocker of a half from the All Blacks, I felt all pundity and wise - not for long after the second half started! Thought NZ did incredibly well to pick up their game, though they're notoriously good at that.

I'll admit I was rooting for Argentina after they beat Ireland, but the Wallabies just outclassed them and made scoring tries look easy. I reckon Australia have been consistently the best team in the tournament and it's quite unreal just how good Pocock and Hooper are over the ball. I'm hoping the final will be an actual score fest for a change rather than a cagey penalty match, seeing as the teams know each other so well and can play some entertaining rugby...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

That was some final, a fitting end to a phenomenal tournament. The best team won and I do mean best, as in best ever. Best thing about it, we'll never have to play against Carter, Nonu, Smith or Moorcook again! Although Sir Ruchie, the uncrowned king of the kiwis was making noises that he might not be ready to retire just yet. As has been mentioned before 200 caps and 3 World cups? They'll definiteky give him a crown if he manages that.

maryanddavid

As Pops says, a great tournament, and fitting winners. HN teams, more to do, with Scotland ending up the best of the bunch.
Brilliant. Except for Ireland's exit ;)

Bat King

It was a great competition with several of the emerging Nations really performing brilliantly.

Japan, the first team to win three matches and not progress. Amazing.

The TV coverage was good though a few of the commentaries left something to be desired. The officiating was of a high standard and the TMO was used well, mostly.

I think the game was well served.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex