Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

The DUP are funny until you notice they're terrifying.  They think the world was created 4000 years ago, that dinosaurs are a conspiracy, and have colluded with the UDA, a drug-peddling terrorist organisation who are Northern Ireland's primary manufacturers of violent deaths in car parks.
You would literally be better off if the Tories had won this by a landslide than you will be for letting this fundamentalist cult into your lives.

Theblazeuk

Meh. The Tory party behind closed doors.

The electorate said they didn't want to go further to the right. So the Tories signed up with the hardest right party around to help them shit the bed even further.

Theblazeuk

Just realised I credulously believed Theresa May came out with a Judge Dredd quote :)

sheridan

Quote from: Modern Panther on 09 June, 2017, 06:53:06 AM
BBC news - Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn called on Mrs May to resign - but she said the country needed stability and her party would "ensure" it was maintained.  Mrs May confirmed that she stood "four square for justice, good order, discipline and the rigid application of the law."  In a brief written statement, the Prime Minister stated that despite the result of the election, she intended to remain in the role. "The people, they know where I stand.  They need rules to live by.  I provide them", confirmed Mrs May.  Signaling the tough stance she is likely to take in her parties policy on replacing human rights legislation, she went on to say that whilst in favour of individual rights, this could never be at the expense of safety and security and that " justice has a price, and that price is freedom".

Happy birthday Goaty!

I see what you did there ;)  Gotta watch Karl Urban's rendition when I get home!

Modern Panther

JamesC

I'm seriously starting to think that Theresa May could be losing grip of reality. Not a joke. I think the pressure is making her lose it.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Rately on 09 June, 2017, 12:11:10 PM
Lets just hope the media are as keen to point out the DUPs links to terrorist groups, and their hypocrisy on the subject.

"Weird Al", a terrorist? But UHF's a cult classic!
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Rately

I'm sure the DUP are delighted that the UK press keep referring to them as "Irish Unionists."

Rately

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 09 June, 2017, 02:38:40 PM
Quote from: Rately on 09 June, 2017, 12:11:10 PM
Lets just hope the media are as keen to point out the DUPs links to terrorist groups, and their hypocrisy on the subject.

"Weird Al", a terrorist? But UHF's a cult classic!

Ha!

I'd take Weird Al's manifesto over the DUP's!

JayzusB.Christ

What is happening? I'm hugely confused.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mikey

It's simple. The Tories have brought in some mercenaries to make up the numbers. Their expertise in blaming Themuns for everything will be put to good use I imagine in the forthcoming negotiations with the EU. It would be embarrassing if they were the largest party of a region of the UK that voted to stay in the EU, mind.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

IndigoPrime

Theresa May is basically pretending the election never happened. Still, I'm sure the press would have been fine had Corbyn gone into Downing Street with the support of Sinn Fein.

Rately

What a shameful, arrogant woman.

The right wing press have quickly turned on her, and if she manages to see out a few more weeks I'd be massively surprised.

JayzusB.Christ

'Kinell. She's worse than i thought.
So much for wiping Labour out. Clinton, Cameron and May: it's time to stop taking the voters for granted.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

On the positive side, God has long indicated that his favour falls only upon the rich,  so the DUP are unlikely to endanger their holy business endeavours by supporting a hard customs frontier. Add to that the ability of any unhappy backbenchers or customs-union-minded Scots to feck up any hard-Brexit measures they don't like, and despite the addition of (more) medieval mindsets to thr government, things could be worse for we neighbours.

And if (big if) the PLP finally gets behind Corbyn after thid, things might look up for you Brits too.