Main Menu

2023 - Message board Xmas Advent Dates

Started by Trooper McFad, 06 November, 2023, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Now that the other winter festivals are done and dusted let's build up the excitement for the big one -

🎄 2000AD Xmas Advent🎄.

For those that are new to the board this is an annual event which you are invited to create a 2000AD Xmas themed pic/story/Dice game/Poem/figure or anything you can think of.
What this thread is used for is to pick the date you want to submit your wonderful creations.
I'll start it off and either you can fill in an empty date and post the updated list or I'll do my best  to update for you. Just message me.

Everyone else you know the score and don't leave it up to JWare and Colin YNWA to fill up the slots. (Sterling job lads last year 👍🏻)

On December 1st I'll create the thread for posting your creations and another for your comments.

I will bump this at least every week and probably through December if last year is anything to go by.

Looking forward to seeing all your festive thrills 🎅🏻

1st - Trooper McFad
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th - Trooper McFad
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th - everyone
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JohnW

I spent most of the past year carving a 1:72 scale model of the battle of Dan Tanna Junction out of soap, but I fear I was rather too ambitious. Also, it got wet.
It's probably too late to take up knitting, so it's unlikely I'll realise my dream of a cuddly Nelson Bunker Kreelman toy in time, but I'm sure I'll have something by the 2nd.
I'm in.

JohnW (formerly the great big hero JWare)

1st - Trooper McFad
2nd - JohnW
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th - Trooper McFad
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th - everyone
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Great stuff JohnW glade to have you on board again 🥳

JohnW

You post and you post and you keep on posting until every last ounce of festive creativity has been wrung out of you, and then Trooper McFad asks you to do it all again and you do, because you'll do anything for the Trooper's approval.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

I'm not a huge fan of the board name I came up with twenty feckin two years ago, but I'll throw it in beside the 21st. 

1st - Trooper McFad
2nd - JohnW
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th - Trooper McFad
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st - Jaysus B Christ
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th - everyone
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Great to get another date filled JBC.

Is it too soon to be optimistic that all slots will be taken before the 1st 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Le Fink

Count me in! I didn't get too far with Drokktober but I'm sure I can get a couple of December entries in. I need this to get me drawing. I'll add myself again if you need to fill a gap.

1st - Trooper McFad
2nd - JohnW
3rd - Le Fink
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th - Trooper McFad
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st - Jaysus B Christ
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th - everyone

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 06 November, 2023, 06:15:50 PMI spent most of the past year carving a 1:72 scale model of the battle of Dan Tanna Junction out of soap, but I fear I was rather too ambitious. Also, it got wet.
It's probably too late to take up knitting, so it's unlikely I'll realise my dream of a cuddly Nelson Bunker Kreelman toy in time, but I'm sure I'll have something by the 2nd.
I'm in.
:D

Trooper McFad

1/5th gone already 🥳🥳

thanks Le Fink

Hurry up folks your favourite date will soon be gone

Vector14

Sign me up too!

1st - Trooper McFad
2nd - JohnW
3rd - Le Fink
4th - Vector14
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th - Trooper McFad
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st - Jaysus B Christ
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th - everyone

Trooper McFad

Fantastic Vector14 welcome to the festive fun part of the board 🎅🏻

JayzusB.Christ

If it doesn't fill up before December I'll do another date or two. See how it goes first
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 November, 2023, 07:52:12 PMIf it doesn't fill up before December I'll do another date or two.
Likewise.

That'll show that Colin YNWA.
That'll show all of them.
I can do Christmas spirit better than any of those bastards.

Trooper McFad

Thanks for the support guys but I have faith in the Squaxx to fill the remaining days

6 down in 5 day 👍🏻😁

JayzusB.Christ

Look at that.  I've spelled my own forum name wrong.  That'll teach me to pick a stupid board name 22 years ago.