Main Menu

Recommendations.

Started by Tamping, 02 December, 2023, 12:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamping

Hi there. Bore da, even.

I read The Out this year. It was amazing. Will there be more?
Anything else like this out there?

Also, lately ive been looking for comics/stories on ships/pirates. Any recommendations there?!

Thanks

Max Headroom

There will be more 'The Out', but I'm not sure there is anything quite like it, although you could try 'Brink' by the same author if you haven't read it before.

As for pirates, I would recommend 'The Red Seas' by Ian Edginton which was fully reprinted in the Hachette Partworks Ultimate Collection.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Max Headroom on 02 December, 2023, 05:10:30 PMThere will be more 'The Out', but I'm not sure there is anything quite like it, although you could try 'Brink' by the same author if you haven't read it before.

As for pirates, I would recommend 'The Red Seas' by Ian Edginton which was fully reprinted in the Hachette Partworks Ultimate Collection.

Yeah pretty much this. Any thing by Dabnett is so good. Brink, Lawless all well worth reading, but different.

We have a recent thread about pirate comics. https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=49504.0

But from 2000ad defo Red Seas.

Tamping

Thanks! Red seas had passed me by somehow, so I'll check that out.

Brink too. I read Lawless and loved that, so I am quite the Dan fan.

Thank you for the link too!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Tamping on 02 December, 2023, 11:05:10 PMRed seas had passed me by somehow, so I'll check that out.

Of course, if you get into The Red Seas, it's part of Edginton's Edgiverse.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++