Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

The wound is rather sore now. I hope that's a good sign I''m .... scared to look!

willthemightyW

Because I can't find comic-related work experience! I know it doesn't compare to all of your problems, but sitll :(
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: willthemightyW on 14 September, 2011, 06:31:16 PM
Because I can't find comic-related work experience! I know it doesn't compare to all of your problems, but sitll :(

Hey if you have Artistic talent, you shouldn't confine yourself to one medium. I shall share with you a nugget of my mother's wisdom. She's a professional freelancer. Produce a drawing for every Birthday, the richer and better connected the recipient, the more effort you should put into it. Paint land/cityscapes of your own town, galleries will but them off you if they're good enough.  All the while you'll be increasing your portfolio/repetoire.
You may quote me on that.

staticgirl

Given that the UK doesn't really have a comics industry outside Dundee or Rebellion's offices that's not so surprising but keep trying just in case you're lucky. I would say get into illustration to keep the money coming in and the skills sharp whilst doing small press work on the side until you get a break. Oh and network like crazy.

I don't know how old you are so apologies if I am completely wrong here but if you are talking about the sort of work experience thing you have to do for school you could do worse than try and find a placement with a printers or publishers to get an idea of the processes involved in publishing your work.

This is quite an interesting and useful site which might have more advice :http://thebloghorn.org/

CrazyFoxMachine

The slightly frayed connection on me Wacom gave up the ghost and the thing is bust for good.

Now next week's food budget has gone on a replacement and I've got a long long time pre delivery without digital drawing equipment...

on the plus side, it gives everyone a rest from my tireless stream of mediocre artwork!

johnnystress

The truck driver that almost killed me and succeeded in destroying my car is saying that I pulled out into his lane instead of the other way around, so the insurance company wants me to settle for half the payout and accept that my no claims will be affected

ffffuuuuck >:(

Matt Timson

Quote from: johnnystress on 21 September, 2011, 01:56:35 PM
The truck driver that almost killed me and succeeded in destroying my car is saying that I pulled out into his lane instead of the other way around, so the insurance company wants me to settle for half the payout and accept that my no claims will be affected

ffffuuuuck >:(

Ah... My favourite insurance scam (the insurance company being the scam artist, of course).  You both get hammered and both lose your no claims bonus.  I wonder who benefits from this? 

When I first started driving, this practice seemed to be incredibly rare, but these days it seems to happen to everyone I know that is involved in a collision.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

And- just to put all of your problems (and mine) into perspective:

http://minimumcover.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/and-then-there-was-silence/

It's quite upsetting- so give it a miss if you're already feeling miserable.
Pffft...

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Matt Timson on 21 September, 2011, 02:42:19 PM
And- just to put all of your problems (and mine) into perspective:

http://minimumcover.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/and-then-there-was-silence/

It's quite upsetting- so give it a miss if you're already feeling miserable.

Grim.

johnnystress

think I'll give that a miss for now

IAMTHESYSTEM

A horrific tale and very moving. It's the casual indifference of some Drivers that's truly chilling. I'm sure we've all damned inconvenient Road closures.  Puts it all grimly into perspective very eloquently.  :(

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dandontdare

'cos I'm back on the cigs after 6 years clean. I kidded myself that it was just a blip while I was on holiday, brought about by a lack of my usual '*ahem* smoking materials, but several weeks later I'm spending my workbreaks huddling in the horrible little bus-shelter thing with the rest of the addicts. Now I have to do that whole 'giving up' thing again.

Hoagy

Got mine through the post today. Free.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Cyberleader2000

today my uncule (how do you spell it) died well we found out he died today when a family retilve called and say they think he had died he was not very sochibile and keeps to him self thro im not to broken up I hade not realy seen him sins my nan died when I was 5

o and to top it all the litile fuckeres round where we live stole oure door bell just now (thats atachily funney as that the best they could do its perfetick)
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime