Main Menu

Smoke-con?

Started by petemaskreplica, 13 October, 2005, 08:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemaskreplica

London - it's surely England's finest capital city. Other cities may cite their lower population densities, affordable housing and functional public transport systems, but let's face it, they'll never be as London-y as London, and therefore they're just not quite as good. So with that in mind, it must be about time for London squaxx to assemble in the Horse & Groom to drink booze and wallow in a fug of smug self-congratulation.

I'm thinking next Tuesday (18th) might be a good day, as there's bugger all on telly on a Tuesday. Anyone up for it?

Roger Godpleton

Would love to, but cannae. Sorry.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Max Kon

I might, wait and see how well i am...

Roger Godpleton

25th would be better for me.

Not that I count or anything.

Max Kon

would be better for me too

now i know i count!! :P

petemaskreplica

Date's not set in stone, whatever most folk can make. It's the London-ness of it that's essential. That and the booze.

Dudley

How about 2nd November?

It'd be my last EVAH Smokecon before I have to start investigating HootsMcCons...

Trout

Dud: There's a distinct possibility I'll be suggesting just such a Glasgow-based event in late November, when there will be a comics mart.

- Trout

Satanist

Trout - I was just about to say how disappointing it was that there were no real bevvy sessions north of the border. As a stereotypical Scot I am drunk almost every waking minute so would well be up for embarrassing myself.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Roger Godpleton

2nd November sounds good to me, good time to give Dudley a "send-off". Who knows, my student loan might even of come through by then...

petemaskreplica

I can do the 2nd. That gives us time to think up a suitable punishment for Dudley for renouncing his Londonicity.

Max Kon

Dan Kelly

See you there I suspect.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'd be happy to attend a Glasgow based gathering.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

As for the London-Scotland debate, well I always like the quote:

"Every person who leaves Scotland for England increases the average IQ in both countries."
Lock up your spoons!