Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Quote from: Stan on 07 January, 2013, 11:25:57 PM
Well three if you count David Gergen.

Aaarg. For some reason I got him and Dershowitz mixed up. Because they're both douchebags, I imagine.

MercZ

Quote from: Stan on 07 January, 2013, 07:34:01 PM
Alex Jones is on CNN tonight and has already got himself in trouble with the TSA. Usually I wouldn't lower myself to watching Piers Morgan but you'd think there'd be a good chance of someone kicking off.

Coincidentally, when I was driving today I saw someone with an infowars bumper sticker. Then I remembered that Texas is his stomping grounds.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 07 January, 2013, 11:33:21 PM
Not exclusively.

I'm glad we got to the bottom of that.*

Cheers!

Jim

*Do you see what I did there?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Stan

I told you it would kick off. Chuck Sixpackman is never wrong.

Which means we'll also get a sequel.

Stan

Piers is a liar though (*gasp*). He claims to only want an 'assault weapons' ban when in actual fact he wants a complete ban of all firearms, hence the reason he brought up Fort Hood. One guy, one handgun and 13 dead soldiers. No rifles involved.

JOE SOAP

It's an understatement to say Jones didn't come off too well here and that's some feat considering who he's up against.

Pardon the pun but Jones gave Morgan all the ammunition he needed to ridicule him and he didn't need to open his mouth.

Stan

As I watched it I went through a combination of smile/laugh/facepalm reactions, admittedly coming from Jones's side of the argument. One thing's for sure though, his ilk won't allow themselves to be guilt-tripped into giving up their perceived 2nd amendment rights, as was done in the 90's when the militia crowd kinda drifted off into that long dark night. The battle lines have been drawn.

TordelBack

I may have to drown myself in bleach after finding myself sharing a thought with Piers Morgan.  And this after enjoying a programme on European railways hosted by Michael Portillo.  I expect my knighthood is in the post.

Proudhuff

why is it all the maddos want to keep guns? oh yeah they're mad that's it.
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

The thought of Piers Morgan being right about something frightens and confuses me.

Not everyone with a gun is mad, but "home protection" is probably the biggest draw for owners and the media probably have to take a smidge of the blame for the culture of fear that makes the average American Joe think they could get killed by anything from a coyote to a gang member on their own front lawn.

JOE SOAP

It's impossible to debate with Jones and his followers because anything that counters their argument is met with accusations of acting out your programmed-condtioning which is ironic since ultimately Jones is the ultimate end-product of the same culture of fear he believes gives him the right to shoot people.

Dandontdare

Quote from: TotalHack on 09 January, 2013, 08:30:03 AM
I may have to drown myself in bleach after finding myself sharing a thought with Piers Morgan. 
Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 09 January, 2013, 02:03:56 PM
The thought of Piers Morgan being right about something frightens and confuses me.

I believe this is known as the Galloway Conundrum or the Assange Paradox

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 January, 2013, 02:29:26 PM

It's impossible to debate with Jones and his followers because anything that counters their argument is met with accusations of acting out your programmed-condtioning which is ironic since ultimately Jones is the ultimate end-product of the same culture of fear he believes gives him the right to shoot people.

I thought he might start banging on about the character being called Judge Dredd, not Dredd 3D at one point.

Stan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 January, 2013, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: TotalHack on 09 January, 2013, 08:30:03 AM
I may have to drown myself in bleach after finding myself sharing a thought with Piers Morgan. 
Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 09 January, 2013, 02:03:56 PM

I believe this is known as the Galloway Conundrum or the Assange Paradox

Thanks. I'd completely forgotten about that guy. Is he still camping out?