Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

Quote from: ZenArcade on 13 February, 2014, 04:31:00 PM
Dark Jimbo, the oragami unichorn harks back to the dream sequence in the extended version; if the Olomos knew what Dekkard was dreaming (by Giving him the oragami unichorn pursuant to Dekkards earlier dream); then it follows Dekkards dreams are implanted ergo he himself is a replicant. Hope this makes sense. Z

There's a strong visual clue to this in the movie as well. All I'll say on the matter is... the eyes have it!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Theblazeuk

Bladerunner stands head and shoulders above the source material which makes much more of Mercerism than the question of what it is to be human.

Dandontdare

Quote from: ZenArcade on 13 February, 2014, 04:31:00 PM
Dark Jimbo, the oragami unichorn harks back to the dream sequence in the extended version; if the Olomos knew what Dekkard was dreaming (by Giving him the oragami unichorn pursuant to Dekkards earlier dream); then it follows Dekkards dreams are implanted ergo he himself is a replicant. Hope this makes sense. Z

I've always thought that this explanation is reading too much into it. It's a quirky habit of the other blade runner that's after him - I always just took it as either an accident that tips off Deckard he's being hunted, or a deliberate ploy by his partner to give him the heads up.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 February, 2014, 11:27:30 AM
I've always thought that this explanation is reading too much into it. It's a quirky habit of the other blade runner that's after him - I always just took it as either an accident that tips off Deckard he's being hunted, or a deliberate ploy by his partner to give him the heads up.

That was very much how it played, until the Director's Cut inserted Deckard's otherwise-incongruous unicorn dream, opening up the possibility that Gaff was privy to the content of Deckard's dreams.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mabs

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 February, 2014, 04:19:07 PM
Blade Runner. Nice to finally see what the fuss is about.

What did you think of Vangelis' score, Dark Jimbo? Personally for me, it's one of the best scores I've heard in a film. From the majestic opening as we witness the Hades landscape, to the Arab influenced moments during the market scenes. There are very few composers who can move you into believing in the world that you are witnessing, Maurice Jarre's score for Lawrence of Arabia for instance, and Vangelis for me, is one of the true greats.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

HdE

I actually think the Bladerunner score is the mst musical stuff Vangelis has ever produced.

I have vivid memories of trying to impress a girlfriend of mine by playing the love theme from the movie on her piano (YES - I dated a girl who owned a piano. No guff!)

Long story short: It's impossible! There's some funky de-tuning of the piano going on there, I swear it!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Theblazeuk

Well couldn't find anything to watch this morning.

So.

MaMa isn't the law.... I AM THE LAW

Goaty

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 15 February, 2014, 11:02:41 AM
MaMa isn't the law.... I AM THE LAW

That's really powerful sentence, Urban IS Dredd!

ZenArcade

Couldn't agree more with the previous two posters. I know Commando Forces is a veritable abyss of information about the movie, has there been any update on the celluloid front?
I cannot believe that there have been TV series made of some of the 2000ad characters: early Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, Halo Jones, Dredd (I could go on). Judging by the amount of interest the 2012 film has generated over the net in the last year and a half, I simply cannot believe there isn't a market for the material. Anything but the ceaseless force feeding of subrate marvel cobblers we are currently the (certainly in my case) unwilling recipients of. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 01 February, 2014, 04:50:56 AM
Fargo

Great film. I wouldn't say depressing (see Requiem For A Dream) but there is a definite bleakness about the whole thing. Not just the characters but the locations. I still don't get how people choose to live in places like that. A great film that everyone should see. (makes a great double bill with No Country For Old Men IMO)

Great Movie choices indeed.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Richmond Clements

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 15 February, 2014, 02:54:53 PM
Quote from: GrinningChimera on 01 February, 2014, 04:50:56 AM
Fargo

Great film. I wouldn't say depressing (see Requiem For A Dream) but there is a definite bleakness about the whole thing. Not just the characters but the locations. I still don't get how people choose to live in places like that. A great film that everyone should see. (makes a great double bill with No Country For Old Men IMO)

Great Movie choices indeed.

Fargo's real genius though, is that almost every single line is comedy gold.

Frank

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 15 February, 2014, 03:41:25 PM
Fargo's real genius though, is that almost every single line is comedy gold.

- Well, the little guy was kinda funny-lookin'.

- In what way?

- I dunno... just funny-lookin'.

- Can you be any more specific?

- I couldn't really say... He wasn't circumcised.

ZenArcade

Just finished watching their far superior version of True Grit on BBC2. Some film.

The Legendary Shark

Just watched the True Grit remake again on BBC2. It's a good film and I do enjoy it but if I had to choose I'd go for the original every time. John Wayne just can't be beat.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade