Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

You're ahead of me! We're racing towards the finish of Buffy Season 4 in our house, eagerly devouring it as every episode is better than the last.  I'd always though Season 4 was a bit unfocused following the loss of the shared school setting (swinging between College, Giles' place and Xander's basement), but in fact it all works brilliantly, with some great character bits and really clever foreshadowing that is definitely intentional this time.  Also, refreshingly Angel-lite

Mardroid

Season 1 of Game of Thrones.
Having no plans with friends I've watched four episodes tody and about to watch more. Unfortunately, having read the book and the fact is pretty faithful means most of the story is already known to me, but it's a good watch just the same.

Proteus4

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 May, 2014, 10:59:20 PM
Started on Kolchak The Night Stalker, which has quite the reputation to uphold.

oh - I loved that show.  It used to be on late nights when i was in my early teens and i recorded all of them and watched them over and over again.  I'm gonna have to buy it on DVD now that you've reminded me of it.

Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Colin YNWA

Well in my continuing adventures of 'The Wire' I've been increasingly getting into it and enjoying it. Last night we watched episode 11 (still season 1) and the tension and eventual heart stopping cliffhanger at the end of an attempted sting in a Baltimore back alley left me aware just how much I'm invested in the characters - even the less interesting 'cop' side of things.

I hereby retract my initial reservations... mind its no Breaking Bad... yet.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 25 May, 2014, 07:05:42 AM
Well in my continuing adventures of 'The Wire' I've been increasingly getting into it and enjoying it. Last night we watched episode 11 (still season 1) and the tension and eventual heart stopping cliffhanger at the end of an attempted sting in a Baltimore back alley left me aware just how much I'm invested in the characters - even the less interesting 'cop' side of things.

I hereby retract my initial reservations... mind its no Breaking Bad... yet.

:D :D :D

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 28 April, 2014, 05:12:42 PM
I'm trying to remember what made me stick with it - as I remember being bewildered by it completely to start with. Something happens further along in Season 1 that really flipped me out - and I was hooked right after that.

This was indeed that.

Tiplodocus

Found THE THICK OF IT on Lovefilm  I've seen plenty of episodes but never sat down in order.  First three an absolute treat!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

"No, he's useless. He's absolutely useless. He's as useless as a marzipan dildo."

Dandontdare

My favourite Tuckerism: (KNOCK KNOCK)  "come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off" - which I've used many times since!

Richmond Clements

"What is this? Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Cunt?"

CrazyFoxMachine

GrinningChimera

Watching The Comic Strip Presents..... remembering Rik Mayall in my own little way. Classic stuff.

radiator

Orange Is the New Black season 2 on Netflix.

Much like season 1, this is extraordinarily good TV - witty, sharp and often moving writing, top-notch production values and one of the most talented casts of unknowns* I've ever seen in anything - every character infused with real humanity and vulnerability. My main complaint with the first run - too much time dedicated to the main character's slightly far-fetched and tedious lesbian love triangle plot - seems to have been addressed - Piper works best as a window through which we get to know all of the other characters.

If you've dismissed this series as being 'girly' then think again - you're seriously missing out.

*Plus the guy from American Pie and Janeway from Star Trek.

Theblazeuk

I'm not enjoying season 2 really.

Person of Interest is however getting much much more interesting, AI finally steps forward into the narrative and the superhero/vigilantes are getting more and more knowingly OTT.

GrinningChimera

Hannibal.

Watch the first 2 episodes today. Will get round to watching the rest of season 1 tomorrow hopefully. Enjoying it so far. I was ready for some pretty shocking stuff which I'm still waiting on, but I've heard it gets more brutal as the season goes on so I will wait and see.

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves