Main Menu

Prog 2167 - PANTEMONIUM!

Started by Jacqusie, 01 February, 2020, 12:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

A fab Purple-pant time cover by the wonderful Brendan McCarthy.

Droid Life By Cat where we meet Windy Wally... we all know one

Dredd - Future Crimes Unit , Part 1.  -  First part of this story and its good to have Rory McConville back on Dredd. I like Lynchs artwork but not really his Dredd sadly, he draws Dreddy's head a bit too elongated for me, like Beaker off the Muppets. Sets up the SJS Judge Maxwell & Dredd relationship on a good foot...

Brink - Hate Box, Part 118. A bit more blam blam along with the blah blah. Could have done with this a few months ago mind. Elvis wasnt wrong when he asked for a little less conversation and a lil mo' action...

The Zaucer of Zilk - A Zaucerful of Zecrets, Part 6. Tea pot travel with some stunning artwork & jazy colours. The tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth...

Feral & Foe - Part 6. I like this new series and its so dark in tone and art I had to take my shades off & turn the lights on to read it. I wonder what shampoo chain-hair lady uses?

Proteus Vex - Another Dawn, Part 6.  More bonkers art from Flint & lots of red teeth type stuff. Vex's expression slightly changes this week, as he tends to look like he's always got knark-on & needs a good cheering up. Maybe him and Shakira could go for a pint & some Yorkshire tapas.

This is my first ever prog thread starter type thing and seeing as its my 500th posting, I thought Id give it a go like.

Cheers

Si

Colin YNWA

Congrats on the 500 posts and the thread bag Jacquise, but of course when the Progs on form like this we're all winnin' really.

Okay so the Dredd isn't as strong as last weeks, but by heck its still very, very good. I lovely bit of set up, nice concept and murder and intrigue thrown in to pull us along.

Brink continues to be absolutely supreme. Its just magnificent and while the action boils its the 'blah, blah, blah' that still rules this top thrill.

Zaucer of Zilk is also on absolute top form. Again the dialogue fizzes with such a fun vibe and then we drop in some blistering action. Top stuff.

Feral and Foe drops in to what feels like a new phase of these series. Still very enjoyable.

And finally what can we say about Proteus Vex other than it too continues to be a top draw thrill. As we learn more about all on show, Just cosmic wonderfulness of the very best kind.

I'm in Tharg heaven here.

73north

Prog arrived safe today ( and on time ) not had chance to read it due to moving items from
my old house and to the new house - so will post my impressions of it tomorrow -
anyway
very impressed with the new for sale Issue Binder I bought from 2000AD , it has allowed me to bind together
all my loose Prog's that feature Jaegir ( and are not inside the collected volume by Rebellion )
the white synthetic linen binding tape is very easy to use - and holds the issues safe and snug -
Recommended

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

Great cover but Shirley that should be Pantymonium!?

Dredd I was a bit thrown by who's who, the old have different coloured hair, helmet on/off name badges prominent when in uniform would have helped.

Brink
  still rules this top thrill.

Zaucer of Zilk is is a great change, I wouldn't want it every week but its a welcome blast of nonsense

Feral and Foe  still not really doing it for me...

Proteus Vex is just bonkers and brainstretching, always good to shake things up a bit.
DDT did a job on me

norton canes

Might as well start with the top thrill. It's Feral & Foe, a strip that's got me involved and excited and eager to read next the next installment in a way that nothing has since... well, Kingdom, to be honest. It's got character, humour, gripping action and a plot that hints at all kinds of intriguing developments - all realised, of course, by the magnificent art and colour of the Elsons. This is the business.

On the flip side of the Abnett-o-meter I'm afraid I've got to say that Hate Box really hasn't quite touched the heights of previous Brink chapters. I know I'm talking sacrilege, and that The Abnett droid on 80% is still the match of any other script droid, but there you go. Crucially it's missing the supernatural Lovetraftian aspect which made previous chapters so spectacular. Yes it's been bubbling under the surface but I want the weird shit up front! Also - and I don't want to sound like I'm slating a droid whose work I hugely admire - the artwork's been really stripped down, to the point where it doesn't even look like we're getting background in many of the frames. I understand that a lot of the action in the last few weeks has been confined to offices rather then taking place in the massive hab-scapes of previous chapters but still... OK I'll stop, before I'm pursued by hordes of pitchfork-bearing Brink-ites

Proteus Vex continues on the up and again it's Midnight providing all the fun. Can we just have a strip where it's her (it's a her, right?) eating walking dolphins every week?

Oh yeah nearly forgot, nice Dredd, mining a great concept. Love the rivalry between Tek and Psi Division.

Finally, look, I've always hated Yellow Submarine and there's far too much of it about Zaucer Of Zilk so sorry, for that reason... I'm out  :|

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Yes, yes, all very good.

Super art and colours on Dredd compliment a l9gical idea, and includes what feels like a tiny nod to Insurrection.

Big news is Proteus Rex finally grabbed my full attention. Whether it was the development of the flesh pilot concept, or Midnight's realisation that the Seaborne offered both eatin'n'drinking, I dunno... but something clIcked for me this week.

Zaucer continues to be inoffensively lovely, Brink continues to be totally thrilling, but while still fun Feral&Foe seems to be going in circles a bit.

DrJomster

Sorry, what? ANOTHER 5/5 prog? Why, I do believe it is!

Lots to love again this week and every thrill's providing its own brand of excellence. 

Good times, my friends, good times!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

A good solid fiver again.

The new Dredd story has an interesting premises and Lynch art is steadily growing on me.

Brink up the ante in the action department with the minimalistic art allow us to focus on the action.

The Zaucer continue is weirdest and zest with enough colour to make any peacock in full bloom super jealous

Fertal & Foe focus on Wrath this episode. Still a very strong entry.

Proteus Vex just awesome in all departments. I really like this new thrill and it feels like Flint's art is a like a drug to my eyeballs  :cool: