Main Menu

Recent posts

Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by staticgirl - Today at 12:41:05 PM
Oooh I like that. And sometimes simplifying the some elements can be more effective as they stop your eye from leaving the characters.
Events / Re: Lawless 2024
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 10:36:36 AM
Some impressive and amusing cosplay too.

Books & Comics / Re: Recommended Comic shops th...
Last post by Large48 - Today at 10:16:13 AM
Ok, so no real recommendations then apart from Forbidden Planet?
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 08:19:19 AM
Quote from: Le Fink on Today at 06:52:46 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 26 May, 2024, 10:53:36 PMIf it's not been mentioned yet a big nod to the exhibition put on by David Roach - what a variety & quality of pages - super stuff and what can I say about that Lego exhibit, awesome stuff

Yeah that exhibition was terrific. I wandered around it about four times. Loved that Bellardinelli Flesh spread. I leafed through most of the David Roach pages, some lovely stuff in there.

The Lego guy said they'd shortly be breaking the whole thing up for their next project - unless someone bought it. They were asking for £3000.

Yeah that's a very good point the gallery was astonishing. I spent a very plesent 30 minutes in there as my energy levels were flagging on Sunday. It was incredible the range of pieces on display. My visit was enhanced by the fact Mike Dorey came in at the same time to me and was chatting to a friend about various pieces and yes I creepily eavesdropped. Hearing his thoughts on pieces gave me such insight.
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 08:16:31 AM
Wow to say those are great Strontium Dog pages is a bit of an understatement. Amazing pages.
Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 07:54:54 AM
Looks like you've got Joe down to me Nightbook. Nice one! Here's my ABC Warriors Art Stars entry, it was fun drawing the droids, and I was fairly happy with them, but my approach to the guns was completely half-arsed. I'll be checking out that video, thanks!

Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 07:52:42 AM
2 pages of original Carlos Ezquerra art from the Strontium Dog story 'Journey into Hell' are (for me) the standout item in the Catawiki auction this week. These (and other pages) are highlighted below.

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/05/catawiki-auction-this-week-carlos.html
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 06:52:46 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 26 May, 2024, 10:53:36 PMIf it's not been mentioned yet a big nod to the exhibition put on by David Roach - what a variety & quality of pages - super stuff and what can I say about that Lego exhibit, awesome stuff

Yeah that exhibition was terrific. I wandered around it about four times. Loved that Bellardinelli Flesh spread. I leafed through most of the David Roach pages, some lovely stuff in there.

The Lego guy said they'd shortly be breaking the whole thing up for their next project - unless someone bought it. They were asking for £3000.
Prog / Re: Prog 2384 - Urban Legend
Last post by broodblik - Today at 04:28:47 AM
Cover by Nick Percival:

Prog / Re: Prog 2384 - Urban Legend
Last post by lincnash - 26 May, 2024, 11:14:49 PM
Prog 2384 - Urban Legend ?
An all movie Dredd, Karl appreciation issue woohoo  :D